Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Roadrailers

Date: 11/29/01 08:59
Roadrailers
Author: fusee

Anybody know what all trucking,leasing,railroad companies etc...
own Roadrailers. I know Swift,BNSF,CN and Triple Crown are obvious ones and I think Dole might own a couple. I also think Werner Enterprises might also own a couple but I'm not sure.

Date: 11/29/01 09:29
RE: Roadrailer owners
Author: CSXT-DandC-kid

If Bowser's HO models are to be believed, Schneider owns a bunch. Obviously, Amtrak has a lot. And there are, unsurprisingly, a few owned by Wabash National... because that's who builds 'em!
-Dave

fusee wrote:
>
> Anybody know what all trucking,leasing,railroad companies etc...
> own Roadrailers. I know Swift,BNSF,CN and Triple Crown are
> obvious ones and I think Dole might own a couple. I also think
> Werner Enterprises might also own a couple but I'm not sure.

Date: 11/29/01 21:01
RE: Roadrailers
Author: Dash

Companies that currently own RoadRailers are BNSF (Ice Cold Express), Swift, Amtrak, NS (Triple Crown), CN, TFM, Alliance Shippers, and Clipper Trucking. Schneider used to have some but never once ran them in a RoadRailer train, they sold them back to Wabash National about two years ago. Wabash then leased them to Swift (These are the ones that looked like demonstrators, with large Wabash logo and small Swift logos). Since they had never been used in a RoadRailer train, they were rusted, and Swift returned them. Also UP and ATSF tried RoadRailers back in the '80s, but later sold their RoadRailers to NS, who still uses most of them today.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0532 seconds