Home Open Account Help 173 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Cantara spill unit

Date: 01/05/02 19:23
Cantara spill unit
Author: photobob

Heres one of the units that was involved in the 1991 Cantara Loop spill. It is being towed back to Roseville in a lot worse shape then a few days earlier on that ill fated eastbound. Its seen here passing under Castle Crags and going over Castle Creek a few miles south of Dunsmuir. I assume it was repaired and sent out again after a little Bondo and a fresh coat of grey and scarlet to cover the Kodachrome. Man if the SP Santa Fe merger had happened would we now have the BNSPSF?

Date: 01/05/02 20:45
RE: Cantara spill unit
Author: TonyJ

Bob,
Harold says that's how the unit looked after shopping in Omaha.

Tony

Date: 01/05/02 22:55
Author: danco

> Man if the SP Santa Fe merger had happened would we now
> have the BNSPSF?

No, our two western roads would be SPSF and BNUPDRGW, er, I mean UP...

--Dan

Date: 01/06/02 06:26
Author: martin

So you shot both stills and video at the same time? I have seen that scene before in a video called "Extreme SP" by Charles Smiley. It said that you were the videographer...

Martin, Sweden
<A HREF="http://www.trainweb.org/nar/index.html&quot;&gt;North American Rails</A>

Date: 01/06/02 09:05
Author: photobob

Yes I was doing video also. I had just moved up here right after the spill so all this was happening in my back yard.

Date: 01/06/02 09:39
Author: martin

I really liked your video scenes and your photography is excellent too so keep it up!

Martin

Date: 01/17/18 01:46
Re: RE: Cantara spill unit
Author: Chooch

Thank goodness for simplicity!

Jim
Hatboro, PA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0481 seconds