Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Railroads Hiring Tests

Date: 04/03/06 10:38
Railroads Hiring Tests
Author: stretch

What types of written tests do each railroad give during a hiring session? The UP's written tests are basically safety questions. They are railroad related but the answer is in the question. That is what kills the majority of the applicants. There is no math involved in the questions. What are the NS, BNSF, CSX, CN, CP, etc. tests like?

Date: 04/03/06 18:49
Re: Railroads Hiring Tests
Author: LCW

when I hired with UP we were given an experimental battery of tests which included math, logic, mechanical reasoning and a personality profile in addition to the sstandard reading comprehension test.I never heard of any other classes being given that test, and I noticed that some of the management tests I took a few years ago seemed very similar to the tests I took when I first hired out.

Date: 04/04/06 17:48
Author: bnsfjordan

The BNSF uses the TCAT (Train Conductor Aptitude Test) which consists of 4 parts. 2 parts are basic math (addition, subtraction, percentages, fractions). The other 2 parts are a personality evaluation where you have to agree or disagree with certain statements.

Date: 04/05/06 00:36
Author: MrMRL

And those BNSF tests take about 4-5 hours to run through. Trust me, it felt like High School Mid-terms...

\Robby F. (Mr. MRL) - & that was only 3 years ago...

Date: 04/05/06 00:43
Author: karlj

stretch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What types of written tests do each railroad give
> during a hiring session? The UP's written tests
> are basically safety questions. They are railroad
> related but the answer is in the question. That
> is what kills the majority of the applicants.

Would you really want to work with someone that doesn't possess such basic ability? Considering your life may depend on them?

Date: 04/05/06 08:29
Author: skeeter4810

When I hired on with the UP I took a typing test, and that was basically it. (Clerk). And then your physical, if you get through the interviews with A representative from Omaha at the hiring session, and the local RR managers.

S

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds