Home Open Account Help 391 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Boeing Train to Kansas

Date: 04/09/06 16:26
Boeing Train to Kansas
Author: cozephyr

BNSF empty Boeing train from Washington State headed for Newton, KS rolled south on the Joint Line April 9, 2006 with SD40-2 7137. Train rolled past South Denver with Denver skyline.

Castle Rock, CO, with the 20-or-so car train moving right along climbing the Palmer Divide on a delightful Palm Sunday.

One of the cars on the rear was TBCX 777010. Any idea who owns that car?

Date: 04/09/06 16:30
Re: Boeing Train to Kansas
Author: markgillings

TBCX=The Boeing Company. The first three digits of the number tell you what plane the car is for.

Date: 04/09/06 18:46
A few more, Castle Rock southward
Author: NDHolmes

CZ - thought I saw you out there on the Castle Rock s-curve. I didn't get turned around in time to catch him there, so I had to settle for a bit further down the road.

So, I'll pick up J-MISNEW (I think that's the symbol) from where CZ left off and work south. First one is along I-25 just south of Castle Rock, CO. I wanted to shoot him over the Larkspur bridge, but there's now ugly sheets of plywood on both sides. Must be getting ready for trackwork this summer. Due to this, we skip forward to the sag just north of Palmer Lake, and then to the south side of the lake (now with real water, as opposed to the mudhole it's been for the last few years).

Nathan
http://www.drgw.net

Date: 04/09/06 18:56
A few more, Castle Rock southward, Part 2

#1 - South end of Monument, CO
#2 - Due to highway congestion and a need to stop for gas, it nearly beat me to Woodman Road in the Springs. I didn't quite have time to climb down far enough to get under the wires
#3 - Last shot of the day, in fading sunlight at Buttes (near the old Pikes Peak Int'l Raceway)

Nathan
http://www.drgw.net

Date: 04/09/06 19:16
Author: NH2006

Augh!

We heard it as we made our way south to Denver, it kept following us slowly so we never stopped to wait...d'oh.

Date: 04/09/06 19:18
Re: A few more, Castle Rock southward, Part 2
Author: eatontm

jeez you guys are on the ball! Beauty of a day. Nice to see both of you. I am slower so check back later...

TME

Date: 04/09/06 19:29
Re: A few more, Castle Rock southward

You are not kidding, that is always one of my favorite shots and boy was I happy when I saw that. Of course by the time I was at the bridge, there was no time to turn around back to Larkspur to grab a shot with the hills in the background.

TME

NDHolmes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wanted to shoot him over the Larkspur
> bridge, but there's now ugly sheets of plywood on
> both sides. Must be getting ready for trackwork
> this summer.

Date: 04/09/06 19:52
Author: mearsksealand

what type of camera are you using on the boeing photos?

Date: 04/09/06 20:37
Author: mtnwestrail

NDHolmes Wrote:
> J-MISNEW (I think that's the symbol)

That is the correct symbol. The train departed Missoula, MT led by MRL F45 392. Now there would be a photo op.

~ Paul Birkholz

Date: 04/09/06 20:48

Yes indeed, so where are our Montana representatives? It was a daylight run across a good chunk of MRL was it not?

TME

mtnwestrail Wrote:
> That is the correct symbol. The train departed
> Missoula, MT led by MRL F45 392. Now there would
> be a photo op.
>
> ~ Paul Birkholz

Date: 04/09/06 22:07
Author: ColoradoRailfan

Great shots guys! Glad a good portion of the Colorado crew was out on the Joint today. I had the day free for chasing too, but I decided to chase the California Zephyr westbound. Felt like a good day for the mountains (and I knew the Boeing train would get good coverage). Chased Amtrak from Winter Park to Glenwood Springs. Pictures to come soon.....

Kevin

Date: 04/10/06 09:24

mearsksealand Wrote:
> what type of camera are you using on the boeing
> photos?

I'm using a 20D, which yesterday was combined with either a Canon 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 USM or Canon 75-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM.

Date: 04/10/06 15:38
Re: C&S and beyond
Author: chester

Hi from the flat lands of Kansas. I met the plane train east of Dodge City, Ks. about 3:05 am. central time. I was going to wake up my semi to go into panhandle of Texas.

Date: 04/10/06 22:55
Author: ProAmtrak

Great coverage guys!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0604 seconds