Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > ZLCBR w/ UP 1996

Date: 11/12/06 14:10
ZLCBR w/ UP 1996
Author: CNW6500

I haven't been paying any attention to the where abouts of the 1996, but hear DS57 telling them they would be getting a crew change at E. Atkinson, so I decided to wait for it. I caught it initially going thru W. Atkinson hoping the clouds would stay together but they thinned out at the last minute and the shot was into the murky, hazy light. The shot attached is of the train passing under the Rainbow bridge at CP Sierra.

Date: 11/12/06 14:53
Re: ZLCBR w/ UP 1996
Author: espeeboy

and then just minutes later with new crew on board. UP 1996 hit a shopping cart put on the track by some kids another couple miles up the line. UPRR special agents called out to the scene and might have apprehended the under age suspects who were not so smart in staying trackside...

Date: 11/12/06 15:01
Author: neilgross

Is the ZLCBR always routed via Roseville? I saw one of the PNW-bound Z trains in Roseville yesterday (I forget which symbol is which, but the one I saw was mostly trailers with a lot of Market, Interstate, Schneider, and UPS trailers). I thought these Z trains usually used the Canyon Sub routing to Marysville, bypassing Roseville yard.

Date: 11/12/06 15:26
Author: PasadenaSub

Here's a photo taken by a fellow SoCal foamer of the train just starting its journey last night around midnight at the Glendale depot, courtesy of a hefty flash unit:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=165026

Date: 11/12/06 16:15
Author: CNW6500

neilgross Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is the ZLCBR always routed via Roseville? I saw
> one of the PNW-bound Z trains in Roseville
> yesterday (I forget which symbol is which, but the
> one I saw was mostly trailers with a lot of
> Market, Interstate, Schneider, and UPS trailers).
> I thought these Z trains usually used the Canyon
> Sub routing to Marysville, bypassing Roseville
> yard.

Lately they have been running the Valley and Fresno Subs north of Stockton to Binney Jct. Last month they where running the Sac Sub north of Stockton to Binney Jct. which is/was their normal routing.

On a side note the ZLCBR was crossed over to track two at E. Atkinson, then back over to track one at CP Washington to run up the Valley instead of staying on track one. All traffic is/was restricted between mp 159.75 and 160.0 on track one. This is due to the large amount of FRA, NTSB, UP, etc. suits examining the "locos" from the rail grinder train.

Date: 11/12/06 16:56
Author: UPNW2-1083

I figured someone would get some pics of it, sooner or later today. I had an eastbound (west direction) last night sitting on Mertolink at Main street, when they pulled the Brooklyn up to the crossing for it's air test. All those stripes on the front look pretty strange coming at you at night. I thought of walking up to get a shot or two of it sitting there, but my daughter borrowed my camera that I keep in my grip just for these opportunities. Oh well, easy come, easy go.-BMT

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0533 seconds