Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > DRGW heritage unit for ski train this weekend

Date: 02/01/07 19:43
DRGW heritage unit for ski train this weekend
Author: dan

One of the f's is down, soo we are blessed! What a Grande occasion, such nice weather. I think I'll have to use my new skis if I can get my plowing done. If you have black and grande gold in your viens you better make it. Which way do u go to winter park? No pain no Jane........

Date: 02/01/07 19:59
Re: DRGW heritage unit for ski train this weekend
Author: RustyRayls

Awesome! Wish I could be there to see it. I hope that all of you Colorado folks get out and get some good shots to share with us.

Date: 02/01/07 20:04
Author: Grande-Fan

Man to bad the weather is not sounding so great, near zero and more snow!
Might try and get up there if the forecast changes.
Nathan Z.

Date: 02/01/07 22:29
Author: NH2006

Hope it is on for Saturday....will try to go....

Date: 02/02/07 01:08
Author: snoopy51

WWWWOOOOOOWWWWEEEEE
LOVE to see that an I hope someone gets heaps off nice side on photos to keep in my collection..
Many thanks guys for the good news an photos too.
yours Snoopy51

Date: 02/02/07 04:18
Friday 5:00am -- I-70 Closed At Georgetown
Author: DRGW

Heard on the news that I-70 is closed at Georgetown due to a wrecked semi and fuel spill. Traffic is being diverted to the frontage road, with resulting delays. If you plan to go over to the Winter Park side, you may want to check the traffic/road conditions before you go...
-Wes

Date: 02/02/07 04:52
Re: Friday 5:00am -- I-70 Closed At Georgetown
Author: grande473

My brothers and I have tickets on the Ski Train for Saturday. Hopefully the 1989 will pull us.

Date: 02/02/07 07:24

record cold............

Date: 02/02/07 07:31

Full moon skiing tonight on Loveland pass, should be crazy if it opens. Zephyr was a life saver when my hands got cold shoveling. Good guess on the 78 truck!

-18 plus wind chills - 30s yea for sun a record btw for this date here in Denver. Downtown is warmer than the airport so it may have been only -8 at 4 am when the plow pics were taken. Sun is out now! it helps sooo much I am going to bed.

Date: 02/02/07 07:36
Author: davebb71

dan, looks like zephyr is sleeping in a 1978 ford f-150 with seat covers on the seat. so what do you actually have there??? that was just my guess.

dave, out.

Date: 02/02/07 07:38
Author: danrkfd

I really like the b/w night shot Dan.
It' really cool that somebody cares enough to put this heritage unit on the point of the ski train. Hopefully some brave souls get some shots to share. Snow I can deal with, it's the cold that's no fun. Here in Rockford we're supposed to have highs of 5 and 3 degrees this weekend. Brrrr
Like Rick James says Mary Ja-ane. Have fun skiing. Wish I was there.
Dan W Rockford IL

Date: 02/02/07 07:46
Author: danrkfd

Wow you posted a couple more while I was writing! The last one with the moon is my new favorite. Great shot! Looks like you have a perfect train chasin buddy too. Dogs are good people.
Thanks for posting.
Dan W Rockford IL

Date: 02/02/07 14:18
Author: kwo

See, when I said for them to put this on the Ski Train in June, I was right.
~wko

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0618 seconds