Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Savage Bingham & Garfield Railway a Reality

Date: 09/18/07 11:38
Savage Bingham & Garfield Railway a Reality
Author: GrandeGold

I received the following information from a friend regarding Utah's newest railroad, the Savage Bingham & Garfield Railway...

I just came back from a conference in Portland and while there I ran into a guy wearing a name tag saying "Savage Bingham and Garfield Railroad." He told me they are taking over from UP on October 1, including doing the transfer work between Midvale and Roper. Keep me posted on what you see down there. Might want to get your pics of the branch now!

UP's Midvale Tramp delivered SBGR's power at Midvale early this morning, spotting two Navy blue GE babyboats along side Utah Railway's power. I caught a few images of the "changing of the guard" delivery and will post them later today.

In the mean time, UP's Midvale Tramp has eight more trips to make up the B&G branches after day's run.

James

Date: 09/18/07 11:48
Re: Savage Bingham & Garfield Railway a Reality
Author: PARKCITY

I saw the Baby Blue U Boats come down through Weber Canyon on Sunday with my wife. I wondered where they were going.

Jason

Date: 09/18/07 13:13
Author: balryan

If engine numbers mean anything then these two GE's are not baby boats but B36-7's road numbers are SVGX 3611 and SVGX 3612. unable to get frame numbers or other numbers to check heritage. Nice to have another short line in the area.
Ryan Ballard

Date: 09/18/07 15:06
Author: donstrack

Here is their web site:

http://www.savageind.com/rail.html

No news release yet. That will likely come on Sept 30 or Oct 1.

Don Strack

Date: 09/18/07 17:26
Author: rehunn

So can we assume this will be a day job until TRAX wants their tracks back???

Date: 09/18/07 19:17
Author: Waybiller

Road mark is going to be SBG.

They're projecting a basic Monday to Friday operation, and will run out of Roper.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0485 seconds