Home Open Account Help 175 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Morning Bath

Date: 10/05/07 07:42
Morning Bath
Author: espee4ever

I am not sure what is worse in the first photo, the neglected locomotives of various sorts or that ridiculous cell tower that looks nothing like a palm tree. The second photo I turned about 15 degrees to my left to catch a pig/container being bathed in morning light waiting for its turn at getting across the diamond, then a crew change would come next. Both photos were taken at 9th street just east of Colton Diamonds. Thanks for looking.

Have a nice day,
— espee4ever

Date: 10/05/07 08:00
Re: Morning Bath
Author: winstonhill

Aw, c'mon--what says "Southern California" more than a palm-tree-shaped cellphone tower?

Winston Hill

Date: 10/05/07 08:43
Author: pepperidge

winstonhill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aw, c'mon--what says "Southern California" more
> than a palm-tree-shaped cellphone tower?
>
> Winston Hill

We have them here now in Arizona, too. It's called "californication." Guess I'll have to move on to New Mexico or Texas... ;-}

Pepperidge

Date: 10/05/07 08:47
Author: a737flyer

We took a vote here...67-2 that it sure looks a darn sight better than the usual elevated mechanical monster!

Date: 10/05/07 10:23
Author: GrandeGold

I've seen cell towers done up as mock pine trees. Not THAT's pretty bad!

James

Date: 10/05/07 12:35
Author: AndyD

> I've seen cell towers done up as mock pine trees.
> Not THAT's pretty bad!

Best was driving down the hill from Big Bear, CA one year. A fire had come through about a week before, and amidst all the burnt stumps and charred trees stood a pristine metal pine with cell transmitters sticking out.

Date: 10/05/07 18:10
Author: MacBeau

warbonnetwillie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and amidst all the burnt stumps and
> charred trees stood a pristine metal pine with
> cell transmitters sticking out.

Can you hear me now?
—Mac

Date: 10/06/07 08:42
Author: bnsfjth

Better to have tree disguised cell towers than church steeple cell towers in my opinion.

-Justin

Date: 10/06/07 18:03
Author: UPNW2-1083

There's one on the north side of the 10 freeway at the top of Kellogg Hill, across from Forest Lawn that looks like a windmill. It's either in Covina (Ca.) or San Dimas, the two cities come together there.-BMT

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds