Home Open Account Help 229 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > At least we have work trains with older power

Date: 10/07/07 21:47
At least we have work trains with older power
Author: eatontm

I started photographing BNSF's front range sub in 2003, sort of the tail end of BNSF's colorful post merger period. Granted I think the subdivision is busier today than it was 4 years ago, within the past 2 years variety has seemingly vanished. BNSF's C44-9 and new GEVO's have simply replaced everything on through trains. With all the work going on in the Powder River Basin, concrete tie and rail trains have been showing up every few weeks and adding some much needed variety to the scene.

EMD 9029 south, U-CHEDEN empty tie train. 10.06.07

- Departing Longs Peak, CO.
- Atwood St. Longmont, CO.

TME

Date: 10/07/07 23:16
Re: At least we have work trains with older power
Author: up833

Older power? no no! Lets call this "senior power" or "more experienced" locos..:)
Roger Beckett

Date: 10/08/07 05:59
Author: FrontRangeTrains

Hey Tyler, first of all nice shots there. It's nice to see some older power on the Front Range Sub these days, especially two leasing units on the same train. And your right about the GEVOs and the C44-9Ws taking over most of the through trains on the line. Second of all, I also have a shot of the train, as seen approaching Longmont, between the CO-Hwy 66 Grade Crossing and Vermillion Road.

-Gevoman

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

Date: 10/08/07 08:28
Author: eatontm

Quite a few of us photographed that train, I know of at least 4 now. I like your view close up to the elevator and old boxcar.

TME

Date: 10/08/07 19:51
Author: kwo

I don't know if you counted me in there or not, but I got prints of it at 57th street and Derby Hill (boy, I had to work to get that one). If I wasn't on restriction I'd've probably joined you there at the south switch Longs Peak.
Oh well.
~wko

Date: 10/08/07 21:09
Author: NH2006

eatontm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quite a few of us photographed that train, I know
> of at least 4 now. I like your view close up to
> the elevator and old boxcar.
>
> TME

Yeah nice job John!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds