Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Woman survives being hit by train

Date: 11/15/07 08:01
Woman survives being hit by train
Author: DE30AC

I stumbled upon this story today:

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/142630.html

MARYSVILLE, Calif., Nov. 15 A California woman was hospitalized for injuries she received from being hit by a train after she flagged it down for no apparent reason, police said.

The Yuba County Sheriff's Department said the woman, Deborah Thompson, 54, of Live Oak, Calif., was conscious and talking after the Union Pacific train knocked her about 25 feet off the tracks, the Appeal-Democrat in Marysville reported.

Thompson was on the tracks and was "waving down" the train just before she was hit earlier this week, said Sgt. Phil Spadini. Thompson said she drank a bottle of whiskey before the accident and possibly was just "being silly," he said.

"She tried to get away but she was too slow," Spadini said. "There was no indication she was trying to kill herself. She thought she could move faster than the train."

Date: 11/15/07 08:25
Re: Woman survives being hit by train
Author: RobJ

Category: Old news

This was covered on 11/13 under being silly.

But I didn't see the ID number and couldn't figure out how to bring it up so just gave the date.

Bob

Date: 11/15/07 08:39
Author: DE30AC

Are you sure? It has the date 11-15 on it.

Date: 11/15/07 08:52
Author: trainjunkie

I think Bob is referring to this thread.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,1534983

Date: 11/15/07 09:07
Author: parts545

How soon before she sues?

If this stupid woman wants to kill herself how about going to West Oakland and scream out racial slurs!

Date: 11/15/07 09:55
Author: toledopatch

DE30AC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you sure? It has the date 11-15 on it.

The particular story you cite may not have been published until today, but there was faster reporting elsewhere.

Date: 11/15/07 11:12
Author: RobJ

Even made Yahoo News. I think the being silly qoute did it.

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0294 seconds