Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Denver restaurant Question

Date: 11/29/07 01:04
Denver restaurant Question
Author: BNSF_Pimp

Now that the thread has been started about railfan eats...In the 70's i remember as a kid going to a chain that had chicken in Denver and area that put its chicken in cardboard boxes to go..like any fast food chain really..and they were in boxcars or cabooses..that folded up into a handle...what was the name of this place?

Date: 11/29/07 04:38
Re: Denver restaurant Question
Author: gp60

Denver Drumstick ? Best gravy in the west. DW

Date: 11/29/07 07:36
Author: tolland

There were Denver Drumstick restaurants in several locations in Denver. At one time, they had American Flyer S-Gauge trains running on a shelf that surrounded the dining room. There was one of these restaurants on South Santa Fe drive. Oh, this brings back memories, thanks for bringing it to my recollection.

Jim Burrill

Date: 11/29/07 08:44

drumstick....yes! thank you!

Date: 11/29/07 09:12
Author: dan

There was one on south colo blvd at florida and one in colo springs too.

Date: 11/29/07 11:25
Author: grandeguy

There was a Drumstick at JCRS shopping center on West Colfax in Lakewood (Denver). Went there many times when I was a kid. Not sure as they are still around any more. I have been trapped in Texas the last 10 years:)

Date: 11/29/07 18:57

I remember the trains that went around now that you remind me. The Red Robin here in Surrey had a similar layout..but i think its gone now

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0302 seconds