Home Open Account Help 187 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > KCET - Benicia & SP Huell Howser on Now - 730 pm.

Date: 02/01/08 19:40
KCET - Benicia & SP Huell Howser on Now - 730 pm.
Author: SPLoopConductor

KCET in Los Angeles, CA. Benicia and SP Ferries and RR show, on now at 730 pm. Public Television.

Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!

Larry

Date: 02/02/08 11:45
Re: KCET - Benicia & SP Huell Howser on Now - 730 pm.
Author: Thomas

Yikes, might that be our Solano Ferry video? My brother and I are in Omaha and the Detroit area, so we can't tune in and see it on TV.

Thomas

Date: 02/02/08 14:54
Author: SPLoopConductor

Thomas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yikes, might that be our Solano Ferry video? My
> brother and I are in Omaha and the Detroit area,
> so we can't tune in and see it on TV.
>
> Thomas

It was about the Solano ferry and it's final resting place in the California Delta. It showed what is still visable after the fire that burnt it down to the waterline. A small boat tour of the site, after a few minutes of the present-day area around the SP Benicia depot. Very interesting... and I didn't know that part of it's history.

Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!

Larry

Date: 02/02/08 15:12
Author: Thomas

Yes, when someone notified Huell that we were bringing a model of the Solano ferry to California to her port cities, he apparently was not enterested. Too bad, since he missed film of some of the old timers who actually rode the ferry back then. The old timers were excited to see the ferry, even if it was now in HO scale.

Then later, after the Solano model tour, Huell got wind that the Solano wreck still existed. Suddenly he wanted to fly us out to California and talk about the Solano. It was great fun. And it was nice to get out in a boat again and see the solano up close. After the taping was finished, Huell climbed up out of our pontoon boat and onto some rotting Solano wood beams. I was sure I'd be throwing a life ring to him any minute. But nothing gave way as he climbed the thing like a monkey. He was thrilled just to seeing it! "Oh wow!" could be heard several times from our boat as he climbed all over a part of it!

Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0468 seconds