Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Need Frequencies for Pocatello to SLC Utah, please

Date: 08/04/02 20:22
Need Frequencies for Pocatello to SLC Utah, please
Author: nodefects

I will be roadtripping to Salt Lake City from Montana this week via Pocatello and Ogden. Any tips on what scanner frequencies to listen to in Idaho and Utah would be appreciated.
Thanks,
trw

Date: 08/04/02 20:46
Re: Need Frequencies for Pocatello to SLC Utah, please
Author: 3985

Check the Utah Rails website: http://www.trainweb.org/utahrails/index.html

They have a section labeled scanner frequencies, useful for the Salt Lake-Ogden area. According to their list, use 160.485 for Ogden-McCammon, where the OSL line from Green River joins the Utah Northern Pocatello-Ogden line.

Date: 08/04/02 20:53
Re: Need Frequencies for Pocatello to SLC Utah, please
Author: brettrw

Utah is covered well by Jim's site,

For Idaho try: Montana Sub - Silver Bow to Pocatello Jct 160.515

Pocatello Sub - Pocatello to Granger, WY 160.410

Freq's courtesy of Altamont Press

Brett Wirick
Railroad Crossings
http://www.trainweb.org/brettrw/index.html

Date: 08/04/02 21:37
Re: Altamont Press TT have them
Author: mundo

Why, when folks need radio fregs from the Western Roads, they do not purchase the Altamont Press Timetables. They contain so much info for anyone, thats interested in trains, never mind those who are going to chase them.

If its new trackage and a transmission, says I am out of fuel at Hog Jct, then one can look at the timetable for Hog Jct and see where it is.

Seems like folks just want someone else do do the work of looking up the info. Seems the computer is making more and more folks lazy. I am happy to say I railfaned 60 years ago, without a computer or radio scanner.

Without support of these timetables, Altamont Press may no longer print them. They need volume of sales to keep them comming.

Date: 08/05/02 17:37
Re: Altamont Press TT have them
Author: BobE

mundo wrote:

eems the computer is making more and
> more folks lazy. I am happy to say I railfaned 60 years ago,
> without a computer or radio scanner.

Of course, you had stations and operators to ask back then and we don't. We only have each other.

>
> Without support of these timetables, Altamont Press may no
> longer print them. They need volume of sales to keep them
> comming.

What if you 'fan out west once a year at most? Those of us who live in the east are loathe to shell out long green for an asset with a one-week useful life. Easier to ask questions via recycled electrons, as fas as I am concerned.

BobE, owns no Altamont Press TTs, probably never will.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds