Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Pacific Sun RR ??

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 10/13/08 17:29
Pacific Sun RR ??
Author: DaveL

Something tells me that I may have missed something.....where is this RR ?
These two units were a complete surprise when they arrived at Keddie,CA about16:00 today.
SO of course I have my NEW Rebel SXi with me.....but silly me, I only have the 75-300 lens with me.....so what you see is the best I could do without sliding down the hill into Spanish Creek !!

DaveL......Oh, and by the way they are GP-35L units, not 'I' as the pic would lead you to believe.

Date: 10/13/08 17:33
Re: Pacific Sun RR ??

One more.....

Date: 10/13/08 17:39
Author: rehunn

PROVIDED NOTICE THAT (1) PACIFIC SUN RAILROAD, L.L.C. (PSRR) FILED A NOTICE OF EXEMPTION TO ACQUIRE, BY LEASE, AND TO OPERATE APPROXIMATELY 21.5 MILES OF BNSF RAILWAY COMPANY'S (BNSF) RAIL LINES AND FREIGHT RAIL EASEMENT IN CALIFORNIA; AND (2) BNSF WILL GRANT PSRR INCIDENTAL TRACKAGE RIGHTS TO PROVIDE LOCAL SERVICE OVER BNSF'S APPROXIMATELY 45.49-MILE RESERVED RAIL FREIGHT SERVICE EASEMENT ON THE SAN DIEGO SUBDIVISION.

That'd be the Pacific Sun

Date: 10/13/08 17:41

Well, I didn't miss it.....I just forgot it......thanks

DaveL

Date: 10/13/08 17:44
ex-WP GP35s to Pacific Sun
Author: zephyrus

Appropriate they are going over Keddie. Those are ex-WP GP35s. Note the headlights with the conversion covers.

WAMX 3509 is ex-WP 3013 and WAMX 3513 is ex-WP 3022, the last 35 WP purchased. Both are from the WP's third order of 35s delivered in 1965.

Anyone know what the "L" is for in GP35L? Did WAMX do something to these engines internally?

Z

Date: 10/13/08 18:08
Re: ex-WP GP35s to Pacific Sun
Author: 6088

Strange,

In looking at a trace, it shows the WAMX 3513 departing Keddie 16:28 today and estimated time of interchange at Mojave tomorrow at 20:38, but no record of the WAMX 3509.

Wonder if it doesn't have AEI tags.. shrug.

Date: 10/13/08 18:22
Author: truxtrax

So does WAMX make this part of the WATCO family of shortlines?

Butch

Date: 10/13/08 18:36
Author: 6088

Well WATCO lists locomotive leasing services, but no mention of WAMX, WAMX shows as being Webb Asset Management.

Date: 10/13/08 18:41
Author: Inthehole

Interesting. I saw a SW1500 (or something similar) in the Roseville Shops today, and wondered what railroad it was going to.

Matt Mason
Editor
The Home Railway Journal
www.homerailwayjournal.com

Date: 10/13/08 19:05
Author: trainjunkie

Awesome! A couple ex-WP geeps are coming to So Cal!

Date: 10/13/08 19:16
Author: shannon

Dave,

What kind of fan are you?? You won't slide down the bank into Spanish Creek for a good photo?? Well now i have heard it all.

By the way Dave, nice pictures with the lens you had.

Shannon

Date: 10/13/08 19:21
Author: SantaFeRuss

The first photo of 3513 looks like it has on the frame "GP35I". Maybe it has an "isolated" cab!

SantaFeRuss

Date: 10/13/08 19:35
Author: LRVTO

I believe I heard they are now going to do the switching for BNSF on the Escondido Branch of the SD Sub after out bidding SDIY.

Date: 10/13/08 19:40
Author: 3rdswitch

Unfortunate for BNSF employees who live in the San Diego area as rumors were circulating about the imminent demise of the Escondido Local and it looks like this could be the perpetrator. Many good memories working the Escondido years ago when it was a daylight job. Looks like another good job bites the dust :( We will soon be down to only three yard jobs in San Diego county?
JB

Date: 10/13/08 20:29
Author: mundo

Yes its WATCO.

Date: 10/14/08 07:59
Author: Lee_in_KC

6088 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well WATCO lists locomotive leasing services, but
> no mention of WAMX, WAMX shows as being Webb Asset
> Management.

WATCO is owned by the Webb family. Or at least it was when they approached us about taking over our switching operation* a few years ago.

* New Century AirCenter, Gardner, KS

Date: 10/14/08 13:35
Author: msdgbar

From what i see on the Watco website.This will be their first California operation.One wonders if this will be the begining of the end for BNSF in San Diego.We will see.

Date: 10/14/08 13:53
Author: Waybiller

msdgbar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From what i see on the Watco website.This will be
> their first California operation.One wonders if
> this will be the begining of the end for BNSF in
> San Diego.We will see.

Watco switching also operates the Mira Loma auto facility, but this is their first short line operation in California.

Date: 10/14/08 14:39
Author: MAB

Here's a shot of WAMX 3501 on the Eastern Idaho RR back in August of this year, also showing its ex-WP heritage.

Date: 10/14/08 15:37
Author: snoopy51

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Can anyone help to explane the unuasl LARGE lights on the rear end off this loco./
many thanks for a reply
yours...Snoopy

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0741 seconds