Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tehachapi/Explorer Law Enforcement Competition in May

Date: 12/26/08 15:43
Tehachapi/Explorer Law Enforcement Competition in May
Author: smitty195

I'm posting this because Union Pacific Railroad PD is involved (as well as some other law enforcement agencies).

The Tehachapi PD with assistance from Union Pacific, Bakersfield, California City, and the Bear Valley Police Departments are proud to announce the creation of the first Police Explorers competition, scheduled to be held in Tehachapi, California from May 15th through May 17, 2009.

The competition is being held on a 20 acre lot in the Tehachapi Mountains, just south of the city. Camp sites will be available at this location, renting for $15/day.

This competition is designed to be very demanding on the physical and mental capabilities of each Explorer. Events are designed to test physical strength and limitations, as well as demeanor, personality, intelligence, and teamwork skills.

Events such as: obstacle course, relay race, and tug of war, will provide Explorers with the importance of teamwork. Other events will include: Felony Stops, DUI stops, Vehicle Searches, Search and Rescue, Compass Course, and a Downed Plane Recovery. These will be daytime and night time scenarios.

FEES: 3 day event is $65 per Explorer and $50 per Advisor. Each post must have at least one paid advisor in attendance. Entry fee includes: t-shirt, ticket for the Friday night dinner, ticket for the Saturday night Tri-Tip or chicken dinner. Dance to follow on Saturday night.

Mail your application and funds to:

Kern County Memorial Law Enforcement Explorer Competition
129 East F Street
Tehachapi, CA 93561

For those not familiar, the Explorers are a branch of the Boy Scouts and it's a great way for teens to have safe fun, learn a lot, and possibly prepare them for a career in public safety (as it did for me). With Union Pacific PD participating in this, and in a place such as Tehachapi, I hope there is some sort of train theme or railroad rescue scenario!

Date: 12/26/08 16:00
Re: Tehachapi/Explorer Law Enforcement Competition in M
Author: crs1026

Well, as long as it's so close to the tracks, how about a "check out the foamers politely" competition ;-)

- Paul

Date: 12/26/08 19:09
Author: GP-38

Cuff them all, ask questions later.

*donning flame-retardant turnouts*

crs1026 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, as long as it's so close to the tracks, how
> about a "check out the foamers politely"
> competition ;-)
>
> - Paul

Date: 12/27/08 08:57
Author: Lackawanna484

GP-38 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cuff them all, ask questions later.
>
> *donning flame-retardant turnouts*
>
> crs1026 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well, as long as it's so close to the tracks,
> how
> > about a "check out the foamers politely"
> > competition ;-)
> >
> > - Paul

The "cuff 'em all" may be closer to the truth. One or two officers on their own are often very reasonable, in my experience. Get a lot of cops in one place, and it degenerates into who's more macho real fast.

I can't imagine UP PD would be especially accommodating to people trespassing on UP's proerty with hundreds of other police nearby.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0434 seconds