Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Harsco Grinder at Salt Creek

Date: 01/28/09 19:37
Harsco Grinder at Salt Creek
Author: cascade463

Up in the Oregon Cascades today you could find slush, sparks, and an Officer's Special. The latter was the reason I made the trip, but the rest made the journey in the wee hours of the morning through the "Cascade Concrete" (slush)worth the effort.

I hope you enjoy!

Frame 1: The B-end of RMS-6 appears through the snow-covered trees just south of the siding at Heather on UP's Cascade Subdivision. The grinder had track and time between Heather and Wicopee.

Frame 2: Same Location as the grinder heads for Wicopee

Frame 3: Looking the opposite direction, the A-end crosses Salt Creek Trestle heading up-grade. (SP West, UP South)

Cascade463

Date: 01/28/09 19:44
Re: Harsco Grinder at Salt Creek

Frame 4: From Highway 58 we catch the grinder as it makes one of three passes on the curve at Salt Creek Trestle.

Frame 5: Let the sparks fly!

Frame 6: This State Trooper thought he was making another routine traffic stop...Until hot sparks began raining down from above!

Date: 01/28/09 19:51

Frame 7: Oh yeah...The Officer's Special...The reason I made the trip in the first place! This is below Fields at place known as "The Slide"...Not to be confused with the 2008 slide at Frazier.

Frame 8: This is a northbound Z train at Chiloquin MP 457 on the Cascade Sub.

Thanks for looking!

Cascade463
www.7ideaproductions.com

Date: 01/28/09 19:54
Author: Evan_Werkema

Ah, so that's where cars Stanford and Sunset were going last Saturday when they were tacked on the end of Amtrak Tr.14. Nice stuff.

I wonder how many Salt Creeks the UP ex-SP crosses. We've got a reference to a Salt Creek on the Sunset Route a few posts down, and there's another on the Shasta line north of Redding, CA. And are there more Salt Creeks than Dry Creeks?

Date: 01/28/09 20:59
Author: a737flyer

Actually, someone caught them at the old Union Station in Seattle elsewhere on this site. Another mystery solved.

Date: 01/28/09 21:25
Author: RustyRayls

cascade463 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Frame 6: This State Trooper thought he was making
> another routine traffic stop...Until hot sparks
> began raining down from above!"

Hope that stain don't show on dark uniform pants! ;<)

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0417 seconds