Home Open Account Help 241 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP's Western Heritage Steam Trip w/844

Date: 04/12/09 18:08
UP's Western Heritage Steam Trip w/844
Author: HRWest

844 and train is well on its way West to Roseville and other Western cities in Utah, Wyoming and California for what UP is calling "The Western Heritage Tour". I saw a thread earlier about the "Sunshine Special", which is one of the coaches in the consist. 844 is running better than anytime the past few years after the extensive work the crew has performed on her. She is running Great! Sounds Great! And of course, looks Great. Will leave Ogden tomorrow morning for Elko on the former SP line across the Lucin Cut to Montello, Wells, and Elko, Nevada for a one day layover before traveling to Sparks, and Roseville for their 100th anniversary. She will be in Roseville, Stockton, Portola at the WP/Feather River Rail museum and back to Ogden May 8, 9, 10 for the 140th anniversary of the driving of the gold spike at Promontory completing the transcontinental railroad. More info at the UPSteam, and UPRR websites.

Shot is of train at Henefer, Utah. I have more images posted under "Steam Railroading"

Date: 04/12/09 20:21
Re: UP's Western Heritage Steam Trip w/844
Author: Bob3985

Hey Terry;
Depending on schedules Watrous and I may be out to video the return from Ogden.
Bob Krieger
UP retired
Cheyenne

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 04/12/09 20:53
Re: UP's Western Heritage Steam Trip w/844
Author: HRWest

Sounds good! I may be out there with you. I picked up two new cameras, one is similar to the first one you had, a 3CCD, Panasonic Pro "Reporter", and a JVC Studio cam. Going to use them on the next leg. We'll have to meet up along the way.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds