Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Union Pacific on the Oregon Trunk

Date: 07/08/09 14:02
Union Pacific on the Oregon Trunk
Author: haneckow

Are there any regular through trains or locals working on the Oregon Trunk? If not, when did they end? Thanks!

Date: 07/08/09 14:29
Re: Union Pacific on the Oregon Trunk
Author: washybryan

No regular trains, (through that is), but there is a local that runs up to Bend from K.Falls.. That changed from The Dallas about two years ago, I think..:)

Date: 07/08/09 14:43
Author: Pacific_Division

Washy, is the K-falls bend local even there anymore? When I was working out of Wishram 2 years ago the word was BN was going to handle that traffic for them.
KEvin

Date: 07/08/09 14:46
Author: Railbaron

UP doesn't operate on the OT at all (unless there is a detour). The local business around Bend was taken over by BNSF and the local out of The Dalles was abolished some time ago. The local out of KF was a fairly short-lived arrangement and it has been gone for a LONG time.

Date: 07/08/09 18:50
Author: brianedwardss

No UP on the OT, the Saturday Bend to The Dalles local has been gone for atleast two years I think.

Date: 07/08/09 19:33

Ok..Thanks guys..

Date: 07/09/09 06:57
Author: bluesman

When I go The Dalles it sure seems there enough locomotives sitting around to run a service down the Trunk. I don't think there is much going on at The Dalles other than the tie plant. Is there another local out of The Dalles?
Bluesman

Date: 07/09/09 10:22

Yes it runs as far west as Cascade Locks...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0302 seconds