Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Knotts Railroad Days

Date: 12/12/02 21:46
Knotts Railroad Days
Author: TMBATTS

Knotts Berry Farm has officially announced its Railroad Days event to take place on January 11, 2003. Roundhouse visits and behind-the-scenes tours, among other special opportunities will be available.

This past year, Knotts Berry Farm and the past and present maintenance and operating crews of the Ghost Town & Calico Railroad celebrated the 50th anniversary of Colorado narrow gauge operations high in the Buena Park Rockies.

Date: 12/13/02 07:42
Re: B.P. Height
Author: SteveD

I don't know how high the log ride "mountain" goes, but seventy feet(70') was the official elevation on the S.P. Buena Park depot a few miles up the road, so if this year's celebrants were high it wasn't on account of the thin air. I'll be back in O.C. earlier in the month for our son's wedding but doubt I'll be staying over for Knott's important anniversary.

Date: 12/13/02 12:23
Re: Knotts Railroad Days
Author: jst3751

Is this to be included in the regular admission, or is it seperate?

More information please or a link to more info.

Date: 12/13/02 14:30
Re: Knotts Railroad Days
Author: kimura

jst3751 wrote:

> Is this to be included in the regular admission, or is it
> seperate?

Separate ($40 or $20 if you are a Cedar Fair Passholder)

> More information please or a link to more info.

Knotts event page only has a little bit of info:

http://www.knotts.com/park/calendar/index.shtml

Railroad Enthusiasts Day

"January 11, 2003 Join us for this special ticket event to see the behind the scenes action of our real live
steam train. Tour the Roundhouse, talk with a train engineer, explore the Dever and Rio Grande Rail cars
inside and out plus much more."

Last year's event was 2 days for the same price. Knotts web page looked like this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011020055148/http://www.knotts.com/events/winter/rrdays.htm

I had a great time last year. DON'T MISS George Barlow's (Fullerton Railroad Plaza Association VP) tour (which by the way is available on other days too!). There were exhibits throughout the park and they gave a nice t-shirt and souvenirs.

One of these days I'll post my photos...

Just got my FRPA newletter and included is a flyer for this event:

Ghost Town & Calico Railroad Enthusiasts Day
January 11, 2003 at
Knott's Berry Farm

Join Knott's Bery farm with a special one-day event featuring tours of the Ghost Town & Calico Railroad, special exhibits and all-day admission to the theme park. Railroad Enthusiasts Day will bring railway fans from across the nation to experience the history and magic of the GT & C.

Tickets are $40 and include:
o Behind-the-scenes railroad tours (7:30am - 10:00am)
o All day theme park admission (10am-10pm)
o Themed exhibits (10am-8pm)
o Lunch at Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant
o Commemorative T-shirt

* Lunch in the Durango train available for an additional $8 per person.

Cedar Fair Passholders pay just $20.

For event information or tickets, visit our website at knotts.com or phone (714) 220-5218.

The Radisson Resort Knott's Berry Farm is offering Railroad Enthusiasts' packages at $79 plux tax per night or $99 plus tax per night and breakfast for two. Packages are available January 9-13, 2002. For reservations call (714) 995-1111 or (800) 333-3333 and ask for "J-Rail" package.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds