Home Open Account Help 204 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The OC (Oregon City) Switcher Video

Date: 06/20/10 20:41
The OC (Oregon City) Switcher Video
Author: LarsenIsI

This last weekend my friend Kyle (YBA55) and I went out to find the OC switcher in Oregon City. I decided before going out that I would get video of the operations as Kyle was bringing his camera to capture some images. I hope he will post those images on TO when he gets a chance. The video is about 7 mins along and I do apologize as I was half asleep shooting some of the video since we were out there from 2 am till 9 am chasing them around. Hope you enjoy...

DL

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/20/10 21:15
Re: The OC (Oregon City) Switcher Video
Author: JGFuller

Five Stars - don't miss it!

Love that crack-of-dawn Rooster!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/10 21:20 by JGFuller.

Date: 06/20/10 22:28
Author: GCRY_4960

Very cool!!!!!

Date: 06/21/10 06:16
Author: BrooklynHauler

Awesome! Those 1500's sure shake the downtown OC area pretty good while on Main St.

Date: 06/21/10 09:05
Author: YBA55

A couple from Saturday morning,

1. The flexicoil trucks of Y1152 and Y1117 in the street at Oregon City. They had 3 empties and 3 loads, plus one to re-spot at Blue Herron in OC so they had to go down to the end of the track on Main St. to facilitate their switching needs.

2. I didn't realize OPR 803 was getting shipped out Saturday until we saw Mr. Samuels down in OC. After picking up the OPR traffic in Canby and a run-around at Hito, they are prepare for the trip south as the MCOHK overtakes them. Note now WRIX 803 half way back in the train. It is being shipped off to Western Rail Inc as had been mentioned in previous threads.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2211465,2211765#msg-2211765

3. Now labled for WRIX, 803 in the middle of the train as they head back to Albina.

For those without photo privileges: http://www.pbase.com/kentonline/recent

Date: 06/21/10 18:46
Author: LarsenIsI

Thanks for the comments and thanks for posting your photos Kyle. I had quite a bit more footage but I figured I would keep the video short. I hope to get out there again before the days start to get shorter and shorter as the year goes on. Not sure how much longer the Paper Mill will stay open as they recently filed for bankruptcy. If the mill does close they wouldn't need the SW1500s on that job. The tight curves in the mill is the reason they use those on that job...

DL

Date: 06/21/10 20:16
Author: EMDSW-1

GREAT photos of a fun night!! This is the first time the 803 has gotten above 10 mph in the last 15 years!! On its way to a new home as a trade-in on the OPR's newest GMD-1 #1413.

May its future be secure somewhere in industrial railroad-land!

Dick Samuels

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds