Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Killing time in Crozier Canyon

Date: 05/13/11 11:16
Killing time in Crozier Canyon
Author: Super_C

For those who visit Crozier Canyon, it is no secret that it takes quite awhile for the sun to reach the tracks after sunrise. Sometimes, arriving in the canyon early in the day allows for some hiking before it gets hot during the summer months. On the other hand, what do you do in between early arrival and when the tracks are lit.

Here is an example of killing time. Last weekend, qnyla and I were in the Kingman area and decided to go out and do some shooting in the canyon before the sun got high and the light turned flat.

At 0620 local time (MST) I took a backlit shot of a westbound stack train entering the east end of the canyon and a going away shot (including the DPUs) from the same location before it entered the canyon’s shadows.

Date: 05/13/11 11:18
Re: Killing time in Crozier Canyon
Author: RustyRayls

Swwwwwweet!!!!

SOB

Date: 05/13/11 11:28
Author: TCnR

Interesting photos, thanks for posting. Kingman and the general area seems to be getting higher on my list.

We'll be hitting summer solstice in about 6 weeks, always seems kinda early.

Date: 05/13/11 11:50
Author: seaboard

I made some photos off Route 66 in Crozier Canyon last year. The old road through the area can be seen on the west side of the old town area. There are blocks of rock where it used to cross the ATSF. Those date back to when the National Old Trails Road came through (Pre-Route 66). The whole trip along the ATSF from Seligman to Kingman is worth driving. You can make nice photos of the railroad and old Route 66 stuff too. At Peach Springs you can see the western end of the Grand Canyon in the distance.

Date: 05/13/11 12:03
Author: goneon66

great shots. thanks for the efforts to get them.......

Date: 05/13/11 12:09
Author: SP8595

Your shots make the Orange scheme actually look rather nice! Great Photos! Any idea what the orange containers are in the last shot?

Date: 05/13/11 12:14
Author: 710guy

The new paint can really be noticed in these pics!

Date: 05/13/11 12:35
Author: KimHeusel

Can't think of a better place to kill some time. Hope to make it there myself someday. Thanks for sharing your shots.

Kim Heusel

Date: 05/13/11 17:33
Author: NH2006

SWEET!

Date: 05/13/11 18:28
Author: radar

The Department of Homeland Security might misinterpret the subject title. :-)

Date: 05/13/11 18:30
Author: King_Coal

Schneider containers.

Date: 05/13/11 20:38
Author: Yarddogh

Real nice compression detail. Luv the lighting, your use of sun angles.

Date: 05/14/11 22:51
Author: sacrailfan

Nice set of images, thanks for posting!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.085 seconds