Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Inside Gateway reroutes

Date: 06/27/11 07:40
BNSF Inside Gateway reroutes
Author: BobL

I just heard a discussion on my scanner between the BNSF Inside Gateway D/S and a southbound train at Almanor that the BNSF is rerouting about 4 trains a day (2 N/B and 2 S/B) on the Inside Gateway due to the flooding in North Dakota. He said that most of the trains are about 7,000 ft in length and will continue for the next two weeks.

Date: 06/27/11 07:47
Re: BNSF Inside Gateway reroutes
Author: jc76

Is this stuff coming over the Central Corridor or the TransCon? What type of traffic? Thanks....if anyone happens to know.....

Posted from Android

Date: 06/27/11 08:30
Author: amtrak34east

I know that the H-PASGAL9 and V-TACLPC trains have detoured south so far. A H-PASGAL9 is already out of Belen, NM, while a V-TACLPC is now on the transcon.

Drew Mitchem
Centralia, WA

Date: 06/27/11 08:34
Author: zchcsse

I've seen an H KCKPAS9 on the Transcon, but so far that's the only west/northbound detour. Perhaps others are coming across the UP???

Date: 06/27/11 11:01
Author: zephyrus

Wow, the F R Canyon is looking a little busy.

What was that about abandoning it a few years ago.....

Z

Date: 06/27/11 12:38
Author: icancmp193

Saw the TACLPC on Saturday, but that has been the only obvious detour (in daylight) I have spotted.
Anything to liven up the Inside Gateway is always welcomed!

Tom Y

Date: 06/27/11 14:13
Author: coach

Perhaps the best part of all of this is the chance to watch the very rare use of the connecting track between the Inside Gateway southbound to the Feather River route eastbound, and its tunnel. Rarely do we see that line used, so hopefully someone will be able to get some photos and videos.

Date: 06/27/11 14:37
Author: sagehen

The Modoc Line would have made an even shorter, better re-route. Too bad.

Stan

Date: 06/27/11 16:04
Author: mleland

coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps the best part of all of this is the chance
> to watch the very rare use of the connecting track
> between the Inside Gateway southbound to the
> Feather River route eastbound, and its tunnel.
> Rarely do we see that line used, so hopefully
> someone will be able to get some photos and
> videos.

As far as I have heard the BNSF re-routes are all going through Barstow, CA. So they have not been using the track through Tunnel 1 at Keddie. Some of the military trains from Herlong, CA that BNSF has handled have used that track to access the Gateway Sub. I am aware of at least 3 military trains that have used that connection at Keddie in the last year or so.

I saw a BNSF eastbound train at Portola this last Friday evening. This was the normal BNSF trackage-rights train from Stockton to Utah.

Date: 06/27/11 16:46
Author: rehunn

Is that in addition to or replaces the Donner train?? If it is, how is the Sparks/Fernley traffic handled??

Date: 06/27/11 17:12
Author: mleland

rehunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that in addition to or replaces the Donner
> train?? If it is, how is the Sparks/Fernley
> traffic handled??

I apologize for confusing you Rich...

The train I was referring to is the normal "Central Corridor" BNSF train. There have been times where it is routed via the Feather River. It is an outside possibility that it was re-routed that way due to the Amtrak mess east of Reno. This sighting was at about 7pm last Friday. I have no idea how cars are handled for BNSF customers out of Reno when they are routed via the FR Canyon Sub.

Date: 06/27/11 17:28
Author: ActionMike

A load of Interstate trailers just went south through Bend on the Oregon Trunk at 5:30 pm

I wonder if this one of the detoured trains.

I didn't see the head of the train and there weren't any pushers on the end.

Date: 06/27/11 20:07
Author: bnsftrucker

That figures why our work windows are short on the Gateway.

Date: 06/27/11 23:27
Author: NdeM

I just glanced at the train lineup through Keddie. It seems that all of the reroutes are going south via Barstow. One interesting opportunity will be seeing a northbound unit grain train headed to Kalama, WA that is detouring via the Gateway Sub. The train is currently out of Amarillo.

Date: 06/28/11 12:30
Author: bnsftrucker

That G VBTKIN3 24A is predicted to arrive at Bieber around 0150 on the 29th (Wed morning)

Posted from Android

Date: 06/28/11 19:54
Author: NdeM

Im not referring to the G VBTKIN (a not-that-rare southbound unit grain train), but a westbound load destined to Kalama, WA. This big ol' train will be heading north on the Gateway and OT. Not too often that you see big tonnage heading up the 2.2% to Almanor.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/04/11 23:58
Author: ActionMike

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2506535

I saw a 50 unit grain train, 3 lead and 2 dpu, on Sunday evening headed north that just seemed out of the norm for the oregon trunk.

Is it possibly a bigger unit got split in half to handle the grade?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0537 seconds