Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > What's happening on Donner?

Date: 08/20/11 07:50
What's happening on Donner?
Author: trainjunkie

Just saw a EB UP stack train on the WPRM web cam come into Portola. Very unusual to see any stacks in the FRC these days, let alone a EB. Is something happening on Donner this morning to cause some FRC re-routes? If so, it'll be a good show there today for all the folks in Portola for Railroad Days!

Of course, I just got home from a 2-week trip there a couple days ago, and will miss all of it. *sigh*

Date: 08/20/11 08:24
Re: What's happening on Donner?
Author: Amtrakdavis22

Just realized what you saw.

It was the ZLTG2-19 which for some reason went FRC.

KLTG2-20 has also gone FRC and departed Oroville already.

Anyone know why these detours are happening? And what are some of the other trains detouring?

Jake Miille
Chico, CA
Jake Miille Photography

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/11 08:26 by Amtrakdavis22.

Date: 08/20/11 08:33
Author: Yarddogh

Last Tuesday, there was almost a full morning MOW window for some track work
just west of Soda Springs. Buckets of spikes and tie plates are laid out, along
with sections of rail. So, there's probably a lot of rail replacement going on.
During and after our Calrailfans Eder meet, observed spikes, tie plates, and rail
at west Shed 47, and east Shed 10. In the single tracked areas ( west 47 etc. )
that could cause significant delays.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/11 08:46 by Yarddogh.

Date: 08/20/11 08:34
Author: Boomer

As mentioned, the ZLTG2 went through Portola already, with the K train still coming, plus a dirty dirt train somewhere west of the canyon. KMNOA, IG4OA, ZG2LT and an auto train all rerouting west via FRC today, plus quite a few canyon regulars, including several grain trains, the two manifests and an iron ore train. Should be quite a show in the canyon for most of the day. Traffic is flowing over Donner as well this morning so I don't know what happened last night.

Date: 08/20/11 08:46
Author: wigwag

Heard on the road channel last night around 10:00 p.m. there was a derailment with the crew reporting 3 cars on their side and about 100 yards of track torn-up. I did not catch the exact location or track # but from what I'm hearing this a.m. it sounds like it's up someplace between Bowman and Colfax. They have work crews getting staged to do the clean-up and track repair.

Date: 08/20/11 12:38
Author: LarryB

Westbound stack train just departed Portola at 12:35

Date: 08/20/11 14:54
Author: Inthehole

Panel track MOW train headed up this morning. Probably responding to this.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds