Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Tehachapi Manifests

Date: 07/27/03 16:21
UP Tehachapi Manifests
Author: tehloop

yesterday when I was train watching on tehachapi, like every other saturday, I saw 6 up manifests?never seen this before in a 5 hour time period!

SOUTH-2
NORTH-4
3 of the 4 northbounds had dpu power on the rear.
1 south had point helpers that came of a northbound, because the south stalled at bealville.

Date: 07/27/03 17:08
Re: UP Tehachapi Manifests
Author: karldotcom

In the summer last year, there seemed to be three West Colton-Rosevilles in each direction, plus the MWCEU to Eugene. Might be what you are seeing.

MWCRV
MWCRVB
MWCRVX

QRVWC
QRVWCB
QRVWCX

MWCEU - with the empty lumber cars

Are they about 100-110 cars?

Date: 07/27/03 17:11
Author: tehloop

one of the northbounds was a MWCEU it was about that long a little over 100 cars all empty!

Date: 07/27/03 22:53
Author: sploopconductor

Karldotcom has it about right... in the past couple of weeks they have been backed-UP. No power, no crews, but plenty of cars to move. And, when they can move something, they try to make it count, 7,000 to 8,500 feet at a time! The operating employee's have (and are) been run- ragged. And, no, it's not because of vacations. It's their lack of planning (I won't mention the name of the RR) There is alot of traffic right now. You have all the trains he mentioned, plus more, and some have "sections"! An idea: Let's bring in the "remotes" and "fix" the whole problem... Oh, boy.

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds