Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Pasadena Road Switcher/red and silver trio gone

Date: 12/08/11 14:58
Pasadena Road Switcher/red and silver trio gone
Author: oyw

News about the Pasadena Road Switcher that had been running with three Santa Fe lettered GP60M's, about 10:30 this morning I heard the horn of the train through Upland so I drove over to Pomona to intercept them switching there. The power was still 3 GP60M's but leader 122 in R/S with BNSF on the long hood was completely coverd with graffiti, followed by Heritage II 109, and R/S 151 still lettered for Santa Fe. I didn't wait around for a picture after seeing this, the graffiti just ruined it. I have to go back to work next week but I hope the solid red and silver set returns so others can have the pleasure of seeing what the Santa Fe once looked like.

OYW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/11 14:59 by oyw.

Date: 12/08/11 15:04
Re: Pasadena Road Switcher/red and silver trio gone
Author: PasadenaSub

I caught the local westbound in Glendora yesterday with the all warbonnet set of 119, 156, and 135. Hopefully it's still intact, but maybe just being used by one of the other switch jobs out of Kaiser today. The 122 has had that grafitti treatment to the conductor's side for about a year now.

Date: 12/08/11 17:39
Author: erielackawanna

Are there good photo locations for any of the other jobs out of Fontana? (I saw Bob's great shots of the 5th, but I'm guessing that was a fluke, it's usually back in the yard by that time?)

Date: 12/08/11 21:05

erielackawanna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are there good photo locations for any of the
> other jobs out of Fontana? (I saw Bob's great
> shots of the 5th, but I'm guessing that was a
> fluke, it's usually back in the yard by that
> time?)
Actually my friend who called me about the 5th Kaiser saw them working the day previous and they were tied down again today on the spur in the early AM, so no fluke. East of Kaiser isn't the most scenic area, photo access to the mainline is limited and mostly fenced off with lots of warning signs so use caution. There are several spurs with quite a bit of activity, one problem is the locals have very narrow windows due to all the Metrolink's so when they do hit the mainline they really hustle. You may also catch a BNSF coil steel train or the job to/from Barstow to Kaiser.

Bob

Date: 12/08/11 21:07

PasadenaSub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Warbonnet set of 119, 156, and 135.
> Hopefully it's still intact, but maybe just being
> used by one of the other switch jobs out of Kaiser
> today.

Let's keep our fingers crossed Rich.

Bob

Date: 12/09/11 07:18
Author: 710guy

If they graffiti any more of those warbonnets, that will be the end of them! Then it will be all BNSF swooshes.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0455 seconds