Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP's Marlboro Local on 1/20/12 - photos & video

Date: 01/20/12 19:14
UP's Marlboro Local on 1/20/12 - photos & video
Author: myoungwisc

Ran into the Marlboro cruising Santa Ana St. today. Caught a few photos and hightailed it down to South Lemon St. to video the wig-wag in action.

First photo shows the classic neon "No Left Turn" sign at South West St. where the line curves off the Interstate 5 bridge and onto street trackage.

Second and third photos show the power leading a decent sized train...even including an unpatched Western Pacific FMC hopper.

Martin Young
AH, CA

Date: 01/20/12 19:53
Re: UP's Marlboro Local on 1/20/12 - photos & video
Author: myoungwisc

And the wig wag...

**This is the first video I've posted online so I'm not sure it is really up to snuff. Any recommendations on editing software and tips on a better presentation are appreciated.

Martin

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/20/12 19:59
Author: santafe199

I really like the composition & visual story contained in your 3rd shot! I'm not sure I'll ever warm up to the gensets, but it is a great shot.

Lance

Date: 01/20/12 20:27
Author: RuleG

I love the wig-wag signal.

Nice photos & video. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 01/20/12 23:20
Author: chrisbutts

Nice WP covered hopper... sources tell me its a misrouted car :)

Date: 01/22/12 18:27
Author: rtd1121

The WP Hopper was in Anaheim this afternoon, looks like it will go out tomorrow morning. I stopped on the way home from work to get a picture. I will post if anyone is interested.

Andrew

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0302 seconds