Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Monday at Metro

Date: 10/01/12 20:14
Monday at Metro
Author: BNSFDS

Fall has arrived in North Texas. The gray rainy skies of Sunday gave way to Sunday and mild conditions on Monday so when some business took me towards Denton I decided to make a side trip towards the junction at Metro. I got there about 15 minutes before the southbound Z train arrived to start the Metro Pig Dance. I set up at the dramatic curve about a mile north of Metro to shoot the Zipper.

1. BNSF train Z-WSPALT9-30A rounds the curve approaching the siding at Metro near Denton, Texas.

There was a northbound junk freight waiting in the hole at Metro for the Z. Turns out he had a little surprise on the head end that I wasn't expecting.

2. BNSF Yellow Wedge ES44DC 7695 leads train H-ALTGAL1-30A north out of Metro near Denton, Texas.

After the ALTGAL cleared, I headed to the Milam Road crossing south of Metro on the KCS to wait for the IMTDA to depart with a sizable block of UPS traffic.

3. KCS train IMTDA-01 heads south from Metro Junction near Denton, Texas.

Date: 10/01/12 20:18
Re: Monday at Metro
Author: BNSFDS

I wanted another shot of the IMTDA and since I was headed in the same general direction, I headed to the UP underpass on the south side of Denton. I was hoping UP would send a southbound train down the Choctaw Sub in time for an over/under meet but no doing. After about a 5 minute wait, the KCS train showed up with nothing but empty tracks below it.

4. KCS GP22ECO 2824 and sister 2810 pulls train IMTDA-01 over the UP tracks in Denton, Texas.

I had to break off the railfanning to take care of my business but it was still a nice way to start the week.

Enjoy

BNSFDS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/12 20:20 by BNSFDS.

Date: 10/02/12 13:30
Re: Monday at Metro
Author: ns1000

GREAT pics!!!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0439 seconds