Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP 844 Returns To Denver... Again

Date: 11/07/12 16:37
UP 844 Returns To Denver... Again
Author: mojaveflyer

A couple of friends and I headed south from Denver this morning at O Dark 30 to try some shots of the UP 844 as it returned to Denver, again, this time at the end of it's UP Birthday Tour. We jumped off the freeway at Bragdon, north of Pueblo, and caught a BNSF manifest leaving Pueblo. Shortly afterwards, a UP Special Agent came by and evicted us from Bragdon. We headed north and jumped off the freeway at a county road just to the north and I was able to get a shot of 844 coming north. We pulled in to the Colorado Springs depot and while the steam engine was being tended to by the Mechanical people, a BNSF coal empty came by.

Photo #1- The BNSF (Belen or Amarillo - Denver?) before we left Bragdon.

Photo #2- The 844 makes it's appearance coming north from Bragdon.

Photo #3- The 844 sits at the depot in Colorado Springs as the BNSF 9239 passes on the mainline.

More in Part II.

Date: 11/07/12 16:47
UP 844 Returns To Denver... Again Part II

And finally, the 844 made it to Palmer Lake after a coal load, a coal empty, and a loaded grain train got by. We had close to a dozen people standing on the hill just south of the Palmer Lake summit. We headed north and grabbed a final shot coming by the Larkspur exit from I-25 and decided to deal with more immediate things, like lunch. It was a beautiful Colorado day and all three of us had a great time!

Photo #5- UP 844 approaches Palmer Lake. It took a little cropping to get all of the bodies out of the picture...

Photo #6- UP 844 approaches the road to Larkspur just west of I-25.

Thanks for looking!

Date: 11/07/12 17:30
Re: UP 844 Returns To Denver... Again Part II
Author: electromac

Outstanding!

Date: 11/07/12 19:07
Author: railtime

Hangin out on the grassy knoll, McFarland hill. Neat shot. Did you see the fox?

Date: 11/07/12 19:09

I did but too many people between me and it as it ran by... He looked a little unnerved by all of the people standing there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0421 seconds