Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Switcher Saturday: Brunswick, MO

Date: 11/10/12 02:39
Switcher Saturday: Brunswick, MO
Author: santafe199

In the past several months I've been exploring the BNSF & NS mainlines NE of Kansas City, at times along with Lucas McIntyre (mg8711) & Luke
Lohrmeyer (nwkrailfan). Over this period we've found a few scattered elevators with privately owned switchers that have "RCC" lettering.
A little investigation in Google Maps gives up the name "Ray-Carroll County Grain Growers" as the grain elevator company for this area of
Missouri. One would assume this company owns a lot of its own elevator trackage, thus the RCC reporting marks instead of 'RCCX'.
If someone has more (or more correct) information, please fill in the gaps.

1. RCC 1211 idling in the waning sunlight at the Ray-Carroll Co. elevator just west of Brunswick, MO on the NS mainline between Kansas City & Moberly, MO.
(photo taken November 8, 2012)

Thanks for looking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/12 05:33 by santafe199.

Date: 11/10/12 02:41
Re: Switcher Saturday: Brunswick, MO
Author: RustyRayls

Man, I thought that I was the only one crazy enough to be up at this hour! NICE shot!! The lighting is spot on.

Bob

Date: 11/10/12 02:51

chuchubobnv Wrote:

> Man, I thought that I was the only one crazy
> enough to be up at this hour..........

Crazy 1 to Crazy 2: I've got 5 days worth of about 1200 RAW images to sift through & ID/locate. I told the cat to do it for me, but that damn thing only wants to be fed. Go figure... ;^)

Lance (part-time coffee maker)

Date: 11/10/12 05:01
Author: miralomarail

The 1211 is Ex CNW SW 1200 ( 26076 7593-2 -60 ) , Nee CNW # 311 1st Acq 1994 per Jay Reeds Vol III Industrial Locomotive Guide

Date: 11/10/12 06:44
Author: richmp412

Lance
You are correct that Ray Carroll does own the locos and the track they run on. Brunswick is a circle track with connection to the NS. Ray Carroll at Carrollton has a switcher and a small yard and loading track that connects to the BNSF Transcon. Norborne has a loco and a long siding beside the NS main but NS and BNSF offer service.
Hardin has a switcher and circle track that connects to Track 3 west of Hardin but served by NS and BNSF.
Ray Carroll has a loco and small yard at Slater connecting to the KCS. Ray Carroll started construction of a new elevator in Oct. between Corder and Alma on the KCS and will have a circle track.

Sorry I didnt pickup on you coming back this way, I would have tried to meet up with you.
Thanks for all the stories and pictures you share.

Rich
Richmond, Mo.

Date: 11/10/12 06:57
Author: catalantalgo

At one time Ray Carroll used to ship to the elevator off Sarah Street (?) in St. Louis, MO. This was former Wabash, then NW, then NS and is now owned by Bi-State as the Metrolink runs on this line most of the way to the airport. Is that elevator still in use and does anyone know if it ships or receives by rail anymore?

Date: 11/10/12 06:59

richmp412 Wrote:

> Lance
> You are correct that Ray Carroll does own the
> locos and the track they run on.........

> Sorry I didnt pickup on you coming back this way,
> I would have tried to meet up with you.....

I will certainly be back to that area many times. It has completely captured my interest, and the RR photo-ops are seemingly endless!

Lance

Date: 11/10/12 11:03
Author: richmp412

Ray Carroll still owns the elevator in St. Louis and ships all grain in and out by truck. Unless something has changed in last few years that is how it is operated. It had rail at one time but many years ago.
Rich

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0522 seconds