Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Today's DENGRF Goat & 2 CSX on FRS

Date: 11/12/12 19:32
Today's DENGRF Goat & 2 CSX on FRS
Author: highgreengraphics

Photo 1 - Today's midmorning H DENGRF1 12 skims over the snow north of Loveland, CO at Marion with Long's Peak looking on in the background, with the unusual combination of a Goatboat trailed by 2 CSX GE's in new and old flavors.

Photo 2 - Passing through North Yard at the northeastern edge of Fort Collins, CO, the trees are ready for winter.

Photo 3 - Departing North Yard, the DENGRF passes Great Western Railway's two Hudson Bay Railway-painted Geeps switching in the yard.

One mooore...

Date: 11/12/12 19:36
Re: Today's DENGRF Goat & 2 CSX on FRS

Photo 4 - One more location before returning to a bunch of chores at home, crossing the frigid bridge over a dry wash just south of Owl Canyon, CO, north of Wellington.

Happy Chessie the goat fanning! === === = === JLH

Date: 11/12/12 19:37
Author: 3rdswitch

Wow, nice shots but one and two outstanding.
JB

Date: 11/12/12 19:40
Author: Milw_E70

Cool consist and great to see some snow!

Date: 11/12/12 19:59
Author: GeneL

Ok,highgreen, I'm from Loveland and trying to get a fix on where you were when you took pic # 1. I travel Taft from Loveland north to Ft C many times (it becomes Shields in Ft C). Is Taft behind that line of trees in the middle of the picture? If so, were you in the area known as the Longview Farm open space? And if you were, you must have walked a little ways to get to that vantage point or am I just way off base? Nice pic anyway!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/12 20:01 by GeneL.

Date: 11/12/12 20:09

Hi, Gene L! Actually, think simplicity. This location is due west of Walmart, just west of the big dirt pile behind the store, and you can drive right to this location. I first went back here before Walmart, many years ago, and then it could be some work but not now. It's great to get out of and beat a northbound to Mason St. or the Poudre Bridge. === === = === JLH

Date: 11/12/12 20:31
Author: GeneL

Oh, yes, now it dawns on me how you got there! Yes JLH, you did indeed make it simpler!

Date: 11/12/12 21:05

Gene L - Here's the next frame behind Walmart, and one more at the SSS North Yard. === === = === JLH

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0446 seconds