Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Oil cans in Auburn

Date: 11/18/12 22:02
Oil cans in Auburn
Author: Auburn_Ed

I have never seen a unit oil train (or something in tank cars) on the BNSF Seattle Sub until tonight. (That doesn't mean there has never been one, just that I have not seen one). Anyway, there was one facing north in the yard at Auburn tonight. Something special? Supplementing a pipeline? Anyone know?

Ed

Date: 11/18/12 22:05
Re: Oil cans in Auburn
Author: NWRailfan

Most likely one of the now normal trains to Fidalgo going to Tesoro's refinery

Date: 11/18/12 22:20
Author: Auburn_Ed

Thank you. I researched Tesoro and find that, starting back on September 4, 2012, they are receiving unit oil trains on Fidalgo Island, from the Bakken Oil Fields. Up to 50,000 barrels a day will be shipped to them, I suppose along the water level Columbia River and north from Vancouver. Something new and interesting to photo.

Didn't seem to create the public outcry that grain terminals did.

Ed

Date: 11/19/12 10:14
Author: TCnR

A friend in Idaho says he sees a few of these every 24 hours, maybe he's meaning loads/mt's and yesterdays catching up with tomorrows, or something like that. Sounds like they go by way of Stevens Pass.
Also explained that the price of gas is $3.25 in the Seattle area.

Date: 11/19/12 19:52
Author: WOPRJim

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Didn't seem to create the public outcry that grain
> terminals did.
>
> Ed

And yet, which of these three - grain, coal, or oil, do you suppose would make a BIGGER/WORSE environmental mess in it derailed and spilled? LOL.
Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/12 19:53 by WOPRJim.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds