Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > It seems like just yesterday,

Date: 11/19/12 16:12
It seems like just yesterday,
Author: Super_C

but following the subject line, it was a bit over 5 years ago that I took this sequence of pictures.

The object of interest is a hot Z-train eastbound on the BNSF Transcon just west of the Continental Divide in New Mexico. A grade separation between Perea, NM (MP143) and Gonzales (MP128.8) has the north track meandering upgrade below the cliffs while the westbound south track just zips downhill in nearly a straight line between the same locations.

As the eastbound Z negotiates the reverse curves that include MP 134X and MP 135X on the north track, Amtrak #3 is wasting no time passing through the scene on the south track. I believe track speed here for #3 is 90 mph.

I chose to leave the overexposed glint on #3 as it was recorded because it just happened to pass through the correctly exposed scene. It passed very quickly!

Date: 11/19/12 16:16
Re: It seems like just yesterday,
Author: SCUfoamer

Love one and two! I agree with your decision to sacrifice the surf liners for the rest of your photo.

Date: 11/19/12 16:44
Author: qnyla

Wow five years. I remember it well.

Date: 11/19/12 16:57
Author: ns1000

I REALLY like Pic 1!!!

Date: 11/19/12 17:20
Author: tomstp

"Awsome country in that area.

Date: 11/19/12 19:21
Author: mojaveflyer

I'll second that, John! Nice series.

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Awsome country in that area.

Date: 11/19/12 20:17
Author: 3rdswitch

Sweet light, nice catches.
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0252 seconds