Home Open Account Help 214 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Empty Grain thru Sprague, WA

Date: 11/22/12 08:52
Empty Grain thru Sprague, WA
Author: Auburn_Ed

Late October, 2012. I applied some perspective change since it was shot wide angle. Do you think it effects this photo?

Ed

Date: 11/22/12 09:25
Re: Empty Grain thru Sprague, WA
Author: RustyRayls

Whatever you did must have improved it because it is a dang nice image!!

Old Bob out in Lost Wages

Date: 11/22/12 09:31
Author: TonyJ

Some of my favorite images I've taken are wide angle shots. Kinda funny that most of them were of the train approaching and I shot early trying to get a "parade" effect. Our eyes see more than the approaching train and so should the camera.

Date: 11/22/12 09:34
Author: CFWRRCEO

What Bob said! Very nicely done.

Date: 11/22/12 10:01
Author: Auburn_Ed

What I did was....make lines VERTICAL (parallel) across the photo, instead of having the elevator and building walls tilt inward. I think that our eyes correct that perspective lean in our minds, but sometimes, in a photo, it is distracting, Of course, too much and it looks (in our minds) like the buildings are tilting OUT. The tool to do the perspective correction may be in PSE, but I havn't found it. I use ACDsee and it is an easy tool to use.

Ed

Date: 11/22/12 10:58
Author: funnelfan

Very Nice!

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 11/22/12 12:33
Author: rob_l

A big improvement, beautiful!

The top portion of the elevator is still tilting inward, so you can improve it some more.

Best regards,

Rob L.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds