Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Stockton Sub and Cal-P Saturday

Date: 11/25/12 11:48
Stockton Sub and Cal-P Saturday
Author: UP9000

It's been several months since I have headed out track side here in the Bay Area. Yet with my wife and the girls heading off for their annual girls shopping day, and the weather being beautiful, I decided to head over to my old haunts. It was a rather busy day along the rails. I was able to photograph 3 on the BNSF, 2 on the UP, and several Amtrak trains. Here is a collection of photos from my wanderings.

Jamie Miller

Photo 1 BNSF's Z9 rounds the curve at MP 1175, just east of Christie.

Photo 2 Having just traveled through the 5000+ foot tunnel 3 through Franklin ridge, another hot Z train rolls west.

Photo 3 This eastbound OIG train leans into the curve at MP 1175 with a pair of H1 Dash 9's. They sure are a nice change of pace in the world of H2's and power bars.

Date: 11/25/12 11:51

Photo 4 The eastbound empty ore train heads through Martinez, on it's return trip to Utah for another load.

Photo 5 A San Joaquin departs the depot at Martinez. The area was very colorful with lots of late fall color.

Photo 6 Amtrak number 5 rolls down the grade from the Martinez bridge into the depot at Martinez.

Date: 11/25/12 11:55

Photo 7 An Amtrak California train rolls west at CP RVO20 in Pinole along San Pablo Bay.

Photo 8 A holiday capital train with 6 cars and 2 F59's rolls east through Pinole.

Photo 9 With about 20 minutes til sunset, a UP westbound rolls through Pinole at CP RVO20.

Thanks for looking. Hope everyone had a safe and fun Thanksgiving.

Jamie Miller

Date: 11/25/12 13:33
Re: Stockton Sub and Cal-P Saturday
Author: Amtrakdavis22

Awesome shots Jamie! I really like that tunnel portal shot. The H1 wide angle is money! You had a really nice day.

Jake Miille
Chico, CA
Jake Miille Photography

Date: 11/25/12 15:39
Re: Stockton Sub and Cal-P Saturday
Author: SN711

Great photos, but you were in my spot their at Christie!

Actually, must have just missed you there by just a few minutes. I caught the eastbound auto racks VRICBAR there in the

morning then had to head home for non-rail fan duties. Maybe will run into you sometime.

Gary

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds