Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Cloudy BNSF Brush Sub Today

Date: 11/28/12 19:45
A Cloudy BNSF Brush Sub Today
Author: mojaveflyer

Despite the cloud deck over the BNSF Brush Sub this afternoon I decided to head to see what was running. There was a lot of trains, more than I had sun shine for... I caught a couple of eastbounds at Keenesburg while the Hudson Local crew was at beans and then they departed westward. As I dropped down the hill towards Roggen, I caught this coal load coming west out of town, and another load following him. I knew I had a "Z" train coming but he went through long after dark... It did stay busy so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Photo #1- An empty propane train approaches the west switch at Keenesburg with the Hudson Local in the hole, waiting for him.

Photo #2- The local, led by ex-Frisco GP-38 2111 comes out on the mainline heading back towards Denver.

Photo #3- Another coal load departing Roggen in the haze...

More in Part II.

Date: 11/28/12 19:48
A Cloudy BNSF Brush Sub Today - Part II
Author: mojaveflyer

Another coal load came west through Roggen and continued west. If you look to the left of the head end of the load in the last picture, you can see the green board at the intermediate west of the Roggen siding.

Thanks for looking!

Date: 11/28/12 19:52
Re: A Cloudy BNSF Brush Sub Today - Part II
Author: SCUfoamer

Love that last shot. I will forever be in love with the nose of an executive SD70MAC.

Date: 11/28/12 21:19
Author: NH2006

Great catch with the BN pair too!

Date: 11/29/12 10:14
Author: SP8595

Last shot is Great with the entire train in the pic. and Green signal in the distance!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds