Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tehachapi in the fog

Date: 12/07/12 07:42
Tehachapi in the fog
Author: czuleget

I had a trip to help a friend move up to the Tehachapi area and my dad came along for the ride. After we unloaded we took a quick trip down to the loop. Dad had never been to see the loop and as luck would have it he did not see it this time as well due to the pea soup fog in the area. I was wondering how many others have been skunked due to the fog at the loop.

Oh, by the way I could not see Rusty and Rusty could not see me.
The time frame was after noon, till around 4pm we were in the area and just kept moving. heading back to Redondo Beach after passing the loop.

Date: 12/07/12 08:33
Re: Tehachapi in the fog
Author: DRGW

Been skunked many times with that fog up there, it's clear in Tehachapi and then you come around the corner there at Cable on 58 and see the fog bank.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/07/12 08:36
Author: cchan006

I had to migrate east to Cameron (past Monolith) on one of my visits years ago. The fog extended toward the Central Valley, so it was no better at Bealville/Caliente. Spent most of the day chasing trains south and east on the BNSF to Barstow, and to Palmdale Jct. on the UP.

Date: 12/07/12 12:06
Author: P5r24

Tule Fog

Cold & Dense.

Usually starts appearing in the Central Valleys after the first Snow fall in the Sierras

Gary

Date: 12/07/12 18:29
Author: PHall

Tule Fog, the reason why the Highway Patrol in the Central Valley has so much experience with massive, multi-vehicle accidents on I-5 and Highway 99.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds