Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > New UTA FrontRunner Poster


Date: 12/07/12 21:19
New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: GrandeGold

I dig this poster Utah Transit Authority released to introduce its new commuter rail service between Provo and Salt Lake City. Mt. Timpanogos and the Jordan River are featured near Thanksgiving Point in Lehi City.

Nice!

James Belmont
Salt Lake City, UT




Date: 12/07/12 21:26
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: ironmtn

Great looking poster! Timp sure looks impressive in the distance (as in real life), and its neat the way the artist arranged the elements. Easy to see why you like it! Thanks for sharing it with us.



Date: 12/07/12 21:28
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: J.Ferris

GrandeGold Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dig this poster Utah Transit Authority released
> to introduce its new commuter rail service between
> Provo and Salt Lake City. Mt. Timpanogos and the
> Jordan River are featured near Thanksgiving Point
> in Lehi City.
>
> Nice!

James,

Are these available to be purchased? Or were they given on on the 6th? Would like to get a couple.

J.



Date: 12/07/12 21:29
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: SoldierSummitRailfan

Yes it really is a cool picture they handed out posters of the image at the opening ceremonies yesterday

Posted from Android



Date: 12/07/12 21:39
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: mtnwestrail

Fantastic graphics. Makes you want to ride the train. Also is a slight nod to the historical passenger train posters of decades ago. Thanks for sharing!

Paul Birkholz
Sheridan, WY
Mountain West Rail



Date: 12/07/12 21:45
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: J.Ferris

Also, who is the artist?

This person obviously studied some of the bast from the 20's 30's and 40's. I see hint of F. McKnight Kauffer and Gregory Brown in this poster.

J.



Date: 12/07/12 21:49
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: inCHI

This is superb. I have a professional graphic designer friend who would love it.



Date: 12/07/12 22:11
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: GrandeGold

J.Ferris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Are these available to be purchased? Or were they
> given on on the 6th? Would like to get a couple.

They were available for the taking at Provo Station.

James Belmont
Salt Lake City, UT



Date: 12/07/12 22:59
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: El_Duderino

Much more impressive than Rail Runner's for the opening of the Santa Fe Service four years ago... (Top)

Of course, a friend sent me a copy of another poster in Santa Fe which would have probably been better. (Bottom)






Date: 12/07/12 23:29
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: darkcloud

....



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/12 16:51 by darkcloud.



Date: 12/08/12 07:57
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: chuchubobnv

Looks like it could have been inspired by a J. Belmont photograph!

SOB



Date: 12/08/12 09:17
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: GrandeGold

chuchubobnv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like it could have been inspired by a J.
> Belmont photograph!

You know Bob, that's just what I was thinking :-)

James Belmont
Salt Lake City, UT



Date: 12/08/12 17:54
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: RuleG

J.Ferris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, who is the artist?
>
> This person obviously studied some of the bast
> from the 20's 30's and 40's. I see hint of F.
> McKnight Kauffer and Gregory Brown in this
> poster.
>
> J.

Looks like something that Mitch Markovitz would have created.

http://www.mitchmarkovitz.com



Date: 12/08/12 18:56
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: GP25

El_Duderino Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Much more impressive than Rail Runner's for the
> opening of the Santa Fe Service four years ago...
> (Top)
>
> Of course, a friend sent me a copy of another
> poster in Santa Fe which would have probably been
> better. (Bottom)


Love that Warner Bros Poster.

Jerry Martin
Los Angeles, CA
Central Coast Railroad Festival



Date: 12/08/12 19:32
Re: New UTA FrontRunner Poster
Author: atsf121

Wow the poster is awesome, need to grab one of those - especially since we live in the general area depicted and I ride my bike through the Jordan Narrows a bunch when the weather is good. The artist did so a good job combining key visuals from the northern part of Utah Valley such as Mt. Timpanogas, Thanksgiving Point, and The Jordan River.

Nathan



[ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.5032 seconds