Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More Red Now Than Blue?

Date: 12/13/12 00:30
More Red Now Than Blue?
Author: CNW8531

The CP is really making it's presence known on former IC&E trackage here in eastern Iowa these days (for better or for worse). I haven't decided yet whether I like that fact or not. Regardless, it's here now and that's that. I do miss the blue and yellow locomotives of the former line though. Oh yes, there's still some blue and yellow engines here and there to be had, but not near as common as before. Here's three trains from my area that I shot in the last couple months showing the new ownership of this line.

CP SD60 #6225 (former Soo Line) leads a southbound through downtown Davenport by the old Milwaukee Road freight house.

A trio of GP38's power this local crossing the UP at Fifth St. in Clinton.

Lone GP38 #4525 is in charge of the Nitrin local at Ceffco on the Illinois side of the river. This job use to be handled by the former Soo Line high nose GP9's for years. I guess those days are gone as the new era has begun. For better or for worse, well, you decide.

Date: 12/13/12 06:52
Re: More Red Now Than Blue?
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice shots! You maybe exchanging blue for red but at least you still seem to have a number of EMDs running around instead of vast fleets of GEs on the trains.

Date: 12/13/12 08:30
Author: robj

News of my... (forget how that old quote goes)

105 reported leading 4525 south today, here is when they were a pair last Spring, 105/103.

Bob

Date: 12/13/12 08:51
Author: trainboy03

105 is the only active GP9 and continues to work the Nitrin Job on most days. 103 and 114 are both stored at Nahant and are reportedly going to be used as parts sources to keep 105 alive.

Erik

Date: 12/13/12 14:19
Author: bnsfsd70

mojaveflyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice shots! You maybe exchanging blue for red but
> at least you still seem to have a number of EMDs
> running around instead of vast fleets of GEs on
> the trains.

Ahh... not entirely. Here's a shot I took this past weekend of an eb out of Kansas City in Liberty, MO with a pair of GE's. I'm with you guys in being torn on the issue. I like the CP, but the ICE was pretty cool too.

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 12/13/12 15:56
Author: SP8595

Nice shots, especially #1 with the Milwaukee logo on the building.
I personally would take blue and yellow over red any day:)

Date: 12/13/12 16:50
Author: AndyBrown

Not a great shot, but here's my contribution, in Muscatine a while back.

Andy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds