Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A shot not often seen

Date: 12/13/12 17:06
A shot not often seen
Author: ns2557

Steel Mills are notorious for their security. Woe be the one who takes photo's of anything related to them. I have shots from over the years that I have managed to capture at a few of the Mills here in the States. Steelton & Highspire in Pa., the Mill in Fontana Ca and this one, the Evraz Mill in Pueblo Colo. I worked here for a few years back in the late 90's but left for greener pastures. Today, while I was making a delivery to the Mill, I found a few jobs working in plant. This shot of one of the newest units on the Colorado & Wyoming RR, that serves this plant, shows the 1205, picking up a few cars outside the Seamless Mill, that's it there on the left. The 1205 is one of the new SW1500's that the C&W recently purchased to replace their aging SW8 Fleet. One of the SW8's, still prowls the mill area tho. And it's the only one I have seen active, that being the 209. But, here on a sunny Colorado day, the new breed, does what it was purchased for. Ya'll take care, stay safe out their. Ben

Date: 12/14/12 01:04
Re: A shot not often seen
Author: 90mac

NICE!!!
Thank you.
90mac

Date: 12/14/12 01:18
Author: Ron

I look at most all of the photographs that get posted here and I don't normally comment about any of them, I let others make the comments. But for some reason I find this just a wonderful photograph. Maybe because it portrays what America used to be.... Industry and people working to make things better for everyone.

Ron

Date: 12/14/12 19:26
Author: P

I like it

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds