Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Where is dinner train stored in Columbia?

Date: 12/18/12 06:11
Where is dinner train stored in Columbia?
Author: MarcelineSub

Having my wisdom teeth out in a few minutes, and thought I might have my driver swing me by COLT and the dinner train since I've always wanted to see them but don't know where they are. Does anyone have an address or intersection to find them at?

Much thanks in advance,
MarcelineSub
Ryan

Posted from BlackBerry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/12 06:13 by MarcelineSub.

Date: 12/18/12 06:50
Re: Where is dinner train stored in Columbia?
Author: burlingtonjohn

take route B from US 63 towards Hallsville/Centralia. Turn right on Brown Station Road (right after you cross the tracks). Can't miss it.

Regards,
Burlington John

Date: 12/18/12 08:11
Author: BCutter

The dinner train is normally inside a fence at a transload facility on the west side of Brown Station. It can be seen in the Google Earth image of that location.

Date: 12/18/12 12:03
Author: Kearnsrh

Where are we?

Date: 12/18/12 12:38
Author: BCutter

Sorry -- Columbia MO 65202 The center of the train on the siding is located at 39 degrees 1 min 18.33 sec W, 92 degrees 16 min 13.73 sec W on Goggle Earth!

Bruce (about 3 seconds south and 1 second east of that location)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/12 12:54 by BCutter.

Date: 12/18/12 22:50

Thanks everyone for the replies. I decided to go vehicle shopping turned out to be a big waste of time and my Dad had to get back so once again a trip to COLT and the dinner train was axed. There's always next time!

Date: 12/19/12 07:59
Author: burlingtonjohn

MarcelineSub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks everyone for the replies. I decided to go
> vehicle shopping turned out to be a big waste of
> time and my Dad had to get back so once again a
> trip to COLT and the dinner train was axed.
> There's always next time!

Wait a minute! You went car shopping and passed up a chance to photograph two f-units in their Wabash inspired livery and possibly even nail COLT's geep (former Santa Fe)???? I guess that trip to the dentist really messed you up!

;-)

Regards,
Burlington John

Date: 12/19/12 18:07

John had I not been coming off IV sedation, Novocaine, and whatever else the surgeon used, plus my post op pain killers, it would have went a lot different. I went really easy on the sales guy as it was obviously his first day, and he was genuinely nice, but his manager/trainer, and "the desk" left A LOT to be desired.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0497 seconds