Home Open Account Help 159 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Update from Sunday on SF 108 Restoration

Date: 03/05/13 16:11
Update from Sunday on SF 108 Restoration
Author: TomPlatten

Work continues on the Santa Fe Restoration with four crew members carrying on! Jeff an our contractor continued to straighten the locomotive's nose. This time it was the top of the nose which was slightly pushed in. We think it was caused by people jumping down from the cab roof over the years. The portapower was used here to good advantage. Other worked on "needlegunning" the frame and the trucks! These are Jeff's photos!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/13 18:17 by TomPlatten.

Date: 03/05/13 16:16
Re: Update from Sunday on SF 108 Restoration
Author: DNRY122

Locomotive rhinoplasty? (my mental jukebox is playing "She Got a Nose Job" from Mad Magazine of many years ago.)

Date: 03/05/13 16:27
Author: garr

Tom,

Which warbonnet paint scheme will the 108 ultimately receive? Work looks nice. Lot of effort for 4 guys (get one more, and the loco will have been restored by 5 Guys). Looks like the locomotive started out in good physical shape in relation to most restorations.

Jay

Date: 03/05/13 16:38
Author: MarcelineSub

Is there by chance a direct link to a web site that shows progress of the restoration?

Date: 03/05/13 18:59
Author: garr

Thanks Tom. Restored in the true Muscle Car fashion, original! That will look nice.

Is the loco operational now? If so, it would be nice if it was able to pull a few of the original Santa Fe business cars.

Good luck.

Jay

Date: 03/05/13 21:30
Author: TomPlatten

The locomotive IS operational, although Out of Service during the Restoration!

Date: 03/05/13 23:49
Author: ats90mph

Sans silver overspray I hope... :-)

Date: 03/06/13 05:39
Author: doctorevil

I always favored these painted the way they ended their careers.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0261 seconds