Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More Ways to Brighten Up a Weekend - Part 2 Sunday

Date: 04/07/13 11:37
More Ways to Brighten Up a Weekend - Part 2 Sunday
Author: rrartist

I wasn't really sure how to label this series, maybe "Get'em before they are gone"? I'll explain as we go along. Sunday was a exact repeat of Saturday's weather although we have a bit of sun right now, but rain is coming so they say! The CP ran a ballast train through La Crosse this morning and it was headed down the River towards Marquette Iowa. So are we going to let the pesky clouds interfere with 3 EMDs? I think not! ICE 6424 leads the 70+ Herzog hoppers south of La Crescent MN and through Brownsville MN and lastly just south of Brownsville MN. Roundhouse rumors have these Blue/Yellow EMDs going away in the near future, so get'em while you can, part 1.

Date: 04/07/13 11:44
Re: More Ways to Brighten Up a Weekend - Part 2 Sunday

As I returned to the area, I heard CP H19 departing so up to Dakota MN I went to see what was powering this morning's Patrol. Two Soo Line GP38s and a ECO made the trip worthwhile as the Soo Geeps are another endangered species, get'em while you can (2). I followed the train towards Winona where I found the B27's power resting in Goodview MN, another pair of ICE EMDs, Get'em while you can (3!

Date: 04/07/13 11:49

I headed back for La Crosse with CP 270 not far behind, so I waited for him near the Dresbach Lock and Dam. ICE 6215 leads the DME 6052 - DME 6097 - CP 6230 - CP 5937, WOW! As I said earlier, clouds or not, get'em while you can (4) Not only are the ICE EMDs precious, so to are the BNSF Warbonnets! Here is the BNSF 4702 leading the M-LAWGAL, Red / Silver, get'em while you can! Have a GREAT weekend!

Date: 04/07/13 12:23
Author: sooman1

Is that ballast being stockpiled in case of flooding on the Mississippi?

bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0506 seconds