Home Open Account Help 187 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP "Fog Charts" vs BNSF ????

Date: 05/29/13 04:27
UP "Fog Charts" vs BNSF ????
Author: lotharb

I am fully aware of the availability of all the grade charts for UP Sub-divisions, but...is there any such "animal" out there that a guy could avail themselves of all the grades on all BNSF Sub's?
Thanks in aadvance,
Lothar
Corinth, TX

Date: 05/29/13 05:34
Re: UP "Fog Charts" vs BNSF ????
Author: Hookdragkick

I downloaded a PDF file of the Southwest Div. Timetable, complete with grade charts for each sub. I found it on Google.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/29/13 09:39
Author: SCAX3401

Hookdragkick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I downloaded a PDF file of the Southwest Div.
> Timetable, complete with grade charts for each
> sub. I found it on Google.

Current employee timetables from both Union Pacific and BNSF have grade charts for all subdivisions. Fog charts for which Union Pacific has for almost every subdivisions (I have heard or seen examples from other railroads but not BNSF) is more than a simple grade chart. It combines speed and grade information with the location of signals, control points, grade crossings, defect detector and anything else that may be along the line. It includes other information like distance in feet between intermediate signals. The come in very handy during foggy conditions and some crews use black-white copies with red pens to mark down speed restrictions, work limits, etc. It is a proven fact that it is easier to interpret information in a graphical form than a simple list.

Date: 05/29/13 15:09
Author: santafe49

http://www.fobnr.org/timetables/bnsf/phase4/

Look around here to see if this is what you need. The ones in blue have files attached.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0257 seconds