Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Locomotive Shops


Date: 07/06/13 08:59
BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: CSXT_8437

Good Morning:

Besides Topeka, does BNSF have any other shops capable of doing complete rebuilds? Also, do they have smaller shops capable of doing traction motor changeouts, wheel truing, etc?

Thank you in advance.



Date: 07/06/13 09:26
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: wpjones

Lincoln does component changeouts but not rebuilds.
Steve



Date: 07/06/13 09:45
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: dan

alliance ne?



Date: 07/06/13 10:28
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: burlingtonjohn

Think Galesburg does everything except rebuilds ...

Regards,
Burlington John



Date: 07/06/13 10:48
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: MEKoch

What shop does GE rebuilds?



Date: 07/06/13 10:48
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: qnyla

burlingtonjohn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Think Galesburg does everything except rebuilds
> ...
>
> Regards,
> Burlington John


Galesburg is a GE operated facility, not BNSF. They do exclusive contract work for BNSF. They work on anything
and everything.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/13 10:50 by qnyla.



Date: 07/06/13 13:20
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: judahrice

Temple,TX???????



Date: 07/06/13 15:30
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: TaylorUPBNSF

dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> alliance ne?


Yes, they are capable, and I believe the shop in Guernsey, Wy.



Date: 07/06/13 18:03
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: CSXT_8437

Does the Galesburg shop use GE managers and BNSF employees?

qnyla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> burlingtonjohn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Think Galesburg does everything except rebuilds
> > ...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Burlington John
>
>
> Galesburg is a GE operated facility, not BNSF.
> They do exclusive contract work for BNSF. They
> work on anything
> and everything.



Date: 07/06/13 18:21
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: qnyla

All GE employees. BNSF mechanical only work the service tracks next to the big building.
BNSF owns the building, but all the heavy work is contracted out to GE.



CSXT_8437 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does the Galesburg shop use GE managers and BNSF
> employees?
>
> qnyla Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > burlingtonjohn Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Think Galesburg does everything except
> rebuilds
> > > ...
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Burlington John
> >
> >
> > Galesburg is a GE operated facility, not BNSF.
> > They do exclusive contract work for BNSF. They
> > work on anything
> > and everything.



Date: 07/06/13 21:37
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: MP555

CSXT_8437 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, do they
> have smaller shops capable of doing traction motor
> changeouts, wheel truing, etc?

Interbay Roundhouse in Seattle, WA.



Date: 07/06/13 22:19
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: SOO6617

Northtown diesel in the Twin Cities also does running repairs.



Date: 07/07/13 01:12
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: Evan_Werkema

qnyla Wrote:

> Galesburg is a GE operated facility, not BNSF.
> They do exclusive contract work for BNSF. They
> work on anything and everything.

Is there a distinction between what Galesburg does and what Argentine does, or are they two of a kind in terms of role and capability?



Date: 07/07/13 02:07
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: steeplecab

Does Havre do full rebuilds or just major component replacements?



Date: 07/07/13 05:53
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: qnyla

I'm not sure what Argentine does, so I can't answer that. The Galesburg GE facility
does everything from minor repairs to traction motor and/or turbo change outs. Also,
from what I've been told they do prime mover change outs as well. On the BNSF side of
Galesburg, the service track function is strictly servicing(fuel/sand/water/oil...) as well as
minor field repairs.


Evan_Werkema Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> qnyla Wrote:
>
> > Galesburg is a GE operated facility, not BNSF.
> > They do exclusive contract work for BNSF. They
> > work on anything and everything.
>
> Is there a distinction between what Galesburg does
> and what Argentine does, or are they two of a kind
> in terms of role and capability?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/13 05:58 by qnyla.



Date: 07/07/13 07:04
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: SCL1517

In summary, they have no capability today like they once had at West Burlington, San Bernardino, Livingston and Cleburne, correct? The railroad doesn't even have a facility to paint their locomotives if I'm correct.



Date: 07/07/13 12:50
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops
Author: MP555

SCL1517 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In summary, they have no capability today like
> they once had at West Burlington, San Bernardino,
> Livingston and Cleburne, correct?

The last two heavy shops were West Burlington and Topeka. BNSF chose to consolidate to Topeka.



[ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2984 seconds