Home Open Account Help 250 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CSX in Nebraska

Date: 08/24/13 22:40
CSX in Nebraska
Author: CP_M260

I am well aware that CSX is an Eastern Railroad, but, I hope you'll make a geographical exception... In July 2013, 2 CSX EMD locomotives managed to find their way into Lancaster County, Nebraska on an empty BNSF coal train. These pictures were taken outside of Greenwood, Nebraska on a one lane dirt road, one of many you'll find in Nebraska if you've never visited.

I have no clue if the locomotives made it to Wyoming with their train, or if power was swapped in Lincoln or Alliance. Either way, they made for a welcome change from the stream of orange that calls the Creston Subdivision home. I would guess this is one of the PRB trains that goes to Detroit or elsewhere past Chicago, hence the CSX power. I can't recall the reporting marks on the hoppers, but they don't appear to be DEEX. Any input is appreciated.

1. Approaching the crossing in-between the trees.

2. Rolling along the gently swaying wheat field, guarded by a farmer's barbed wire fence.

Thanks for looking, -Dalton

Date: 08/25/13 03:36
Re: CSX in Nebraska
Author: traingeek087

My dad told me a while back he saw a coal train go through York, NE with all CSX power leading. It is probably this train. That would mean it at least made it to Ravenna, NE.

Traingeek087

Date: 09/01/13 11:41
Re: CSX in Nebraska
Author: bnsf70mac

Saw these 2 on a grain train in Savanna Ill. heading north with an emptyn grain train

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds