Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Well That Was Loud...

Date: 04/02/14 20:23
Well That Was Loud...
Author: BNSF-6432

Yesterday I had the opportunity to be trackside at the Jazz Hall of Fame in Tulsa, OK to play for an All Metro concert. The Jazz Hall of Fame was once Tulsa Union Depot. Currently only 4 tracks are used now, 2 interchange tracks and 2 main tracks. After practice I heard the SLWC (Stillwater Central) was ready to enter BNSF tracks and head for Oklahoma City. After a little wait, I caught them coming by and was soon greeted by an eastbound mix freight working hard out of town with four GE's
Apologize if the sound may have gotten too loud for my little camera but it was the best I could do

Taken yesterday afternoon at the pedestrian bridge for the depot

BNSF-6432
PQM

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/02/14 21:28
Re: Well That Was Loud...
Author: coach

Those GEVO's, with their 12-cylinder engines, almost sound like ALCO's. The C44's with their 16-cylinder engines sound like a GE, with a deeper rumble.

Date: 04/03/14 13:59
Author: ns1000

Nice video!!!

Date: 04/03/14 21:00
Author: Orient

Hmm... I've always wondered where those cars come from. Here they are spotted up via street view of I-235 in southern Wichita at Cornejo and Sons in Wichita KS to be emptied.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.04 seconds