Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A meet on the transcon at Edgerton KS

Date: 04/14/14 11:25
A meet on the transcon at Edgerton KS
Author: LX15840

While visiting the Kansas City area this past weekend I captured a video of two trains meeting at the western entrance to the new intermodal facility at Edgerton KS. Obviously neither of these trains (I did not get their IDs) were stopping at the facility as these trains were both moving at about track speed. The first train was going westbound about 70mph downhill on a long grade from Gardner, 5 miles to the east, while the eastbound train was being slowed by the same grade.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/14/14 12:29
Re: A meet on the transcon at Edgerton KS
Author: electromac

Very nice......thanks for sharing.

Date: 04/14/14 16:05
Author: Frontrunner

Who said TOFC traffic was dead?

Date: 04/14/14 16:44
Author: CCDeWeese

Interesting. At some crossings, the bells quit ringing when the gates are in place, obviously at this crossing they ring all the time the gates are in position and moving. What determines what protocol is follower?

Date: 04/14/14 19:51
Author: Out_Of_Service

very nice ... i like the action and counteraction

Date: 04/14/14 20:40
Author: Evan_Werkema

What day did you shoot this? Here's a grab shot of 8090 west blowing through Escalon, CA on its way to Richmond at 7:43am on Sunday 4/13/14. A fifth locomotive has been added, but first few trailers behind the power (YRC, Yellow, ABF, two plain whites, and another Yellow) appear to be the same as in your video.

Date: 04/14/14 22:23
Author: LX15840

Thanks for the info Evan! It is neat to know where trains are headed if you do not know the ID. I took the video at about 1PM on Friday, 4/11/14. I saw 10 trains in 2 hours in that area, and 8 of them were intermodals. The next day I saw 16 trains around Olathe and Holiday KS in 3 hours.

Dick Weiss
Greenwood, IN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds