Home Open Account Help 407 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Sometimes They Come Back---Part Two

Date: 04/18/14 14:14
Sometimes They Come Back---Part Two
Author: CNW8531

It's been a long time since I've seen these last two C&NW holdouts. Having been held in captive service in the Chicago area for the longest time, it's nice to see them finally out and about on the mainline. This is the first time my digital cameras have ever seen a pure C&NW unit, and they enjoyed them as well as I. The dynamic duo are shown here bringing train MPRCL-18 into Clinton, Iowa, just a couple hours ago. I'm not sure if they've been released for general service or not, but they sure look nice back on the high-iron they once roamed. I sure do miss the green and yellow of the C&NW!!

Date: 04/18/14 14:44
Re: Sometimes They Come Back---Part Two
Author: SP8595

Great catch! Hopefully this pair will stay like that for a long time:}

Date: 04/18/14 16:38
Author: Evan_Werkema

SP8595 Wrote:

> Great catch! Hopefully this pair will stay like
> that for a long time:}

I like the lightning bolt scheme too, and it's a shame the UP merger came so soon after it was adopted. Both units turned 20 this year, with 8701 celebrating its birthday this month. For high-horsepower, six-axle road locomotives, that's already a full career - a lot of SD45's didn't make 20 years with their original owner. It will be interesting to see just how much longer these guys have.

Date: 04/18/14 16:43
Author: 3rdswitch

Great catch.
JB

Date: 04/18/14 17:16
Author: ns1000

NIIIIICE...!!!

Date: 04/18/14 19:43
Author: NH2006

I'm so envious...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds