Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > MT #2 Donner blocked by stalled train

Date: 04/18/14 15:29
MT #2 Donner blocked by stalled train
Author: fbe

The Q RVNP(?) lost a couple of units and stalled at signal 164.4. A couple of westbounds went down MT #1 then AMTK #6 went up MT #1. Now a couple of EB freights are getting set to run the wrong way out of Bowman. Light power is somewhere in the mix to act as manned helpers for the Q train.

Beautiful light on Donner now for those coming this way for the weekend. I hope the traffic holds over the holiday.

I can be found in a light blue CRV with Washington plates. Stop by and say hi.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 04/18/14 15:58
Re: MT #2 Donner blocked by stalled train
Author: Super_C

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Q RVNP(?) lost a couple of units and stalled
> at signal 164.4. A couple of westbounds went down
> MT #1 then AMTK #6 went up MT #1. Now a couple of
> EB freights are getting set to run the wrong way
> out of Bowman. Light power is somewhere in the mix
> to act as manned helpers for the Q train.
>
> Beautiful light on Donner now for those coming
> this way for the weekend. I hope the traffic holds
> over the holiday.
>
> I can be found in a light blue CRV with Washington
> plates. Stop by and say hi.
>
> Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Washington plates???? Did you move out of Big Sky Country for dismal Washington???

Date: 04/18/14 16:10

"Did you move to Washington?"

Gasp, no. Just putting miles on the girlfriend's rig while she and her daughter are laying waste to malls in Sacramento.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/14 22:00 by fbe.

Date: 04/18/14 18:21

This sounds like the Q train with DP units and a single unit rear end helper should be moving about 1815. I am down at the tracks off the Nyack exit in the shadows. I think I will head east with the train for last light above the tree line.

That is about 5 hrs delay to the Q but all other trains were only shortly delayed. Sounds like a couple more eb trains will follow the Q.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/14 18:27 by fbe.

Date: 04/18/14 18:36
Author: railpix

well Alan, you guys are not too far away now. Ann and I are just west of Sac in beautiful (dry) Davis. A word of advice: get the ladies out of the mall! Or at least chaperone them! Yeah, I know Donner is fun, but girls loose in a mall?

John

Date: 04/18/14 20:16
Author: monaddave

>>get the ladies out of the mall! Or at least chaperone them!<<

Well, to hear Al tell it, he has no money, so they must be spending theirs; and there's less aggravation if he stays on Donner.
Dave in Msla

Date: 04/18/14 21:50
Author: TCnR

Listening to the Truckee/Reno RR scanner feed they're still messing around with a 'manned' helper set. Good drama anyways.

Date: 04/18/14 22:11

The train kind of struggled getting started and navigating the oilers but when they knew they were lined through signal 9 they seemed to do better. The lead engineer said he had rubber bands on the sand valve. I wonder if he knows that doesn't work since the computer cuts out the sand once you get moving unless UP has made some mod the BNSF has not.

The last photo was 10 minutes or so after sunset about 1950. I was at Soda Springs but the signal bridge which might have worked very nice against the sky is gone.

Is it worth the climb over the ridge at the Emigrant Gap highway exit to look over the tracks there? Good in the morning or better for afternoon?

Thanks. Oh the girls did the malls, tomorrow it is Denighoh's or something. Point A, I got to go to Railroad Hobbies, Point B, I didn't have to go to the malls. Could not lose.

Date: 04/18/14 23:05
Author: TCnR

My vote says no, it's basically the same shot all along that ridge. At one time it was double track over there.

For me, it's Yuba Gap with the tunnels in the background. Technically, that's were the SR 20 intersection is.

-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Is it worth the climb over the ridge at the
> Emigrant Gap highway exit to look over the tracks
> there? Good in the morning or better for
> afternoon?
>

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.051 seconds