Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Run Times

Date: 04/18/14 19:58
BNSF Run Times
Author: mearsksealand

What is considered the average run time between Winslow and Needles--Needles to Barstow

Thanks
Dale Smith

Date: 04/18/14 20:38
Re: BNSF Run Times
Author: upheritage6

that can vary. Trains stop and go.

Date: 04/18/14 21:46
Author: HoggerMatt

26 hours

Posted from Android

Date: 04/18/14 22:03
Author: SCAX3401

Amtrak is scheduled approximately 2.5 to 3.0 hours depending on direction (schedule padding is added to westbounds). A hot Z intermodal train can make the run in as little as 5.5 to 6.0 hours while drag manifests can and do die on the law, taking 15+ hours to make the trip. Westbounds manifests can be held for hours outside of Barstow if there is congestion in the yards. If I had to guess and this is purely a guess, the average would be about 9 hours, but of course that varies greatly from train to train.

Date: 04/19/14 14:33
Author: SD45X

When I ran the short pool to Barstool, 6-10hrs the norm. With pushers you might gain an hour. Again train type sets the stage for run times. Climbing to Gifts, Ash hill, up to Pisgah all take their toll on low hpt trains. Pushers help a little.
My last trip out of Winslow west was on a vehicle train, seems to me it was 6-7 hrs.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0246 seconds